Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th

Good morning to you. It is Monday morning and it is going to be a busy week. Mom has two different stress tests this week and one of the is at 7:15 am tomorrow. Now since she is rarely up before 10 am, I'm sure she is going to love getting up, dressed and out of the house at 7:00. But other than that, you can tell summer has arrived in Texas, the days are getting hot (yuck). I like summer's long days and bright sunlight, I just don't like the heat.

Ok for some layouts. I have started working on challenges in some of the forums as well as speed scraps. A challenge is normally based around a theme, like a template challenge gives you a template to use on your page, or a font challenge means you have to use a specific font. I've also been doing a scrapbook boot camp which has had homework, so I had to follow some specific requirements. Just letting you know the type of things I'm doing, because some of these might make you wonder, "why did she do that?"

Layout one is one of my boot camp layouts. My assignment was to scrap lift the title off one of the examples. You could lift the exact title or just the tile format. I did the words of the title and used my own fonts. The purpose of this assignment was to get you to use different fonts in your titling and journaling to make them pop on the page better. The picture was taken several years ago in the same field Sharla and I took the dogs to earlier this year to take pictures in the bluebonnets.

The second layout is the second part of the same assignment. We had to create a page with a title using three fonts. I found this quote and just couldn't resist using it, because my dad was my hero.

Now for a fun layout. I took a picture of Cooper the other day at the Sharla's laptop. He is in front of it and she looks like she is pulling him off of it. I was doing a speed scrap using a cool kit called The Office by Stacy Scraps and noticed a bulletin board element that had a note on it. I added the text and the photo of Zoey. I did it to make Sharla laugh. We have joked all weekend about Cooper and Zoey having an internet date. I just thought this one came out very cute.

The next one is one the challenges I did at Digi Scrapbook Mania (a great site by the way... Digi Scrapbook Mania). It is the template challenge, so I'm given the basic layout and I select my photo, papters and element. You can modify it a little, but not too much. I really like the results of this one.

Ok another layout I did this weekend is this one with Tucker. I learned a cool technique on this one. The three pictures are over lapped and I used a large blurry eraser to remove the hard edge between the pictures. I want to see if I can get some sequence shoots to try this technique with, but I couldn't find any in my photo file.

Ok here is the last one for today. It is my June calendar challenge and my desktop for now. I like everything but the calendar, I need to play with making one I like better in the future, but it works for now.

More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!