Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thankful Thursday #9

I know that I am blessed, but some days it is harder to see through all of the yuck that is going on in my life. I could tell you all the horror stories about the car being in the shop 4 times in 3 weeks, the nut cases calling tech support at work or the rude people in line at the store, but I'm not going to do so. I want to try and focus on the good things in life and doing these posts each week really help me. This week I'm thankful for lots of things. First is my local quilt store that will cut a fat quarter from any of their fabrics. I stopped in on Tuesday and picked up a couple of already cut fat quarters, but as I picked up bolts the ladies happily cut fat quarters for me as I shopped. The only down side is that I kept shopping while they cut, so it was a vicious cycle (but one I love). I am also thankful for online quilt stores. My local store doesn't carry Kona, and Callie's signature quilt uses Kona solids. I ordered enough (or so I thought), but realized I was going to be very close on a couple and short on one, so I needed more. I placed an order with Fat Quarter Shop on Tuesday as well and it arrived yesterday afternoon. One day service isn't bad at all. Now I'm lucky enough to live in the same state as the shop, but they shipped it out the same day I ordered. I did snap a quick photo of my order. I got some more low volume fabrics for my crosses and mini charms for a future postage stamp quilt. I also had to get another Bloc Loc ruler because mine has run away.


I am also thankful for my bee mates in the Compass Quilters, because I received another package of cross blocks last week. They are just so cute. I love everything about these blocks. And they came for the wonderful Diana at Red Delicious Life.


I'm also thankful that I got to spend some time organizing the sewing room. Now my back isn't that thankful, but I am. I still have some work to do on it, but it is coming along nicely. I moved Sharla's sewing table to the family room. She prefers sewing there because the sewing room is too cold for her. Then I moved my table to where hers was and moved in a new bookcase. I still have to move a few things around, but at least more things are up on the shelves and not scattered hither and yon. No photos yet, but hopefully soon.

Lastly I'm thankful that I get to express my creativity with quilts. After working with my niece to create the pattern for her signature quilt, she expressed concern that it would be a lot of work for me. I explained, that while it wasn't easy it was something that gave me joy.  Joy in creating and joy in giving. How can I not be thankful for something that gives me joy.

I hope each of you finds joy this week and lots of reasons to be thankful. I am linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.




5 comments:

  1. I love hose low volume prints you got, and so quickly! I do a LOT of shopping at FQS! :) One of our local shops will cut a FQ from any bolt also - I think it's awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing your room, and I'm glad you are getting it arranged in a way that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast shipping alright! I love your crosses and the signature blocks are just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love focusing on the positives, too, Shauna, and I find that it helps me find more and more to be thankful about. I think this post reflects the same is true for you! The fast shipping from the Fat Quarter Shop is awesome, and your LQS cutting FQs from bolts for you? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days I think sewing keeps me sane! Three cheers for helpful quilt shops (local and FQS) and a productive tidying and rearranging week.
    I like Diana's blocks and the colours she has used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely things to help you keep positive. it really is the small things in the every day isn't it?! Although I'd quite love some of your lovely fabric purchases too... now those would make me happy!!! ;0) J9 x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!