Sunday, February 22, 2015

4 X 7 Sewing Challenge Update

I have been a busy beaver this week, ok maybe that is stretching it but I did get things accomplished. I completed my 15 blocks early this week, partially because I spent a little extra time on Monday and Tuesday working on them, and partially because I've gotten into a groove and can do them easier now.




The cross blocks are coming along nicely.  At this point I 109 completed blocks or 37% of the blocks done. And I would guess I've done 45-50 blocks this month, which is really what I wanted to get done. Besides this I got other things done as well. I got the majority of my fat quarters, and large scraps sorted into bins. When I rearranged the sewing room last month I brought in another book case to hold these.


The picture sucks because most of my great work has been done late at night this week.  Besides organizing, I also completed all of my bee blocks for the month. No photos yet, because my rule is I can't show them off until they are in the mail. Which I hope happens on Monday or Tuesday, but that will depend on the weather.

I also completed all of the red blocks and goldfish blocks for Callie and Beau's signature quilt. Well I finished sewing them, I'm still trimming them. I also got started on the pomegranate blocks and am about 1/4 done with them, but have to cut some more white. That will just leave me the coral blocks. So I'm moving along well with those as well.

I'm hoping to get a quilt on to the long arm this week, most likely it will be Sharla's Box Trot quilt and I still have work on memory quilts. Sharla is busy finishing quilts to show me up, but she can only finish the tops, they don't get quilted without me (hehehe). I am hoping to finish Callie's blocks next week, but it will be a real push, but possible.

All in all I'm very happy with what I've accomplished this week. I had a nice mix of selfish sewing and getting projects for others done. I love working on my cross blocks, but once this month is over, I'm definitely going to slow down on them, I want to get other things off my list as well. For today, I'm linking up with Sarah at Berry Barn Designs.


5 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to go through and sort fabrics, rediscovering old favourites along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're really in the groove on your cross blocks! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4x7 challenge is really keeping you moving! I can understand being ready to cross other things off a list, but your progress on the cross blocks this month has been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are whizzing through them. Great to see the challenge is helping get you through them so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get so much done in your spare time, Shauna! And I am in awe of your LV stash - did you find an amazing bundle somewhere, or have you just been curating forever? I am amazed at the variety you've had in the plus blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!