Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday #8

Happy Thursday everyone, I hope each of you is having a wonderful day/week.  Today I am thankful for my sister Sharla and thankful that today is her birthday.  Now if you know Sharla, you are most likely aware of why I am thankful for her.  She is kind and loving, but has a wicked sense of humor that makes me laugh quite often.


She is going to hate that I put a photo of her here, which just make me laugh even more.  Today is her birthday and I'm very thankful for that.  Why you ask...well she gets her birthday off from work, so that means I didn't have to get up at 6:30 to take her to work.  Sleeping until 8:30 was ooohhh so nice.

Since I'm working today, she is just staying home and sewing, and trying to stay warm since we had a small cold front come through last night.  Now for me that is a great way to spend a birthday, doing something you love in the comfort of your own home.

I do have a couple of other things to be thankful for this week.  I've been making good progress on my cross quilt.  I selected it to be my "selfish" sewing project for the 4 X 7 Sewing Challenge, and have finished my 20 blocks for last month and have 20 more about 1/3 done.  I've been working on them for about 30 minutes to an hour each day.  I also got my Tula Pink Moonshine bundle yesterday. I blogged last week that they sent the wrong bundle and let me keep it for free.  So this has been like a buy one get one free deal.


This is my second bundle of Moonshine, the first is going into a quilt all on it's own, and this one is going into my cross quilt and my stash. I also received the rest of Callie's fabric, so I'm hoping to get it ironed tonight and start cutting on it tomorrow.  I have lots of blocks to make by April.

All in all it has been a good week for me, and I'm thankful for that fact. I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for Thankful Thursday.


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great week! Happy birthday, Sharla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Sharla, and here's to lazy days at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sharla. Your Yorkie is a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that "two for one" deal is a once in a lifetime miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!