Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday #11

Ok everyone it is time for me to recognize things I'm thankful for this week. I like the idea of picking 5 things, whether they be big or small. It helps me keep the right focus.  So here is my list for this week.

1. Good Customer Service. In this day of crabby checkout people, anonymous online ordering, and general it is all about me mentality, it is nice when you receive really good customer service. I order from Fat Quarter Shop because I always get quick shipping, and they have some really good sales. This week they had an awesome sale on fat quarter bundles by Art Gallery. The bundles were 16 fat quarters of mixed Art Gallery lines in the colorways of Ruby, Harvest and Blue for $21.99 per bundle.  Since I'm always looking for different fabrics for my cross quilt and I love Art Gallery fabrics, I ordered one of each bundle. With the bad weather this week it took TWO days to arrive, yeah I know I'm spoiled. And the fabrics are beautiful, but as I was folding them so they could go into my bins, I noticed a couple of them had flaws. These flaws were not the fault of Fat Quarter Shop, they would have happened when the fabric was woven. I started not to even tell them, because the prices had been so good, but I thought I would reach out and ask. I photographed the flaws and sent an email to them. They responded quickly and with several options for me, which I thought were more than gracious. I love that they took such good care of me as their customer, and I am thankful that good customer service still exists.

2. Progress. I am so thankful that I am making progress on not one, not two but three different projects. So far this week I've completed 15 blocks for my cross quilt, started on 15 more, and cut out more background fabric.I have also sewn and trimmed on Callie and Beau's signature blocks and have finished the primrose, red and goldfish blocks. I have also started piecing the second top of the memory quilts. And to top it all off I've finished my bee blocks for this month and they should go in the mail today.  Here are the signature blocks that I've finished.



3. Warm Quilts. We don't get really long cold weather here in Texas, but we do get the occasional ice/snow day. This week we had a couple and I was so happy to have extra quilts to use.  I keep the temperature at the house fairly cool in the winter, so I can snuggle under a quilt, but this week I slept under two most of the time and for a while I used three.  It was so warm and comfy it was hard to leave the bed. I also liked that I got to put my hard work to good use.  I'm thankful for each quilt that was piled on top of me and this is still one of my favorites and I used it this week.


4. Old TV Shows. I like to have something going in the background as I sew/quilt.  Sometimes I play music, others I have Netflix going.  I will listen to the same shows over and over, because I'm doing it more for noise than really watching.  But last week I found the old Dick Van Dyke show on Netflix and have really been enjoying playing them.  The series originally ran from 1961-1966, and yet it is still funny today.  Yes there are things that are very dated in it, but cast was really great and the comedy was funny without being crude or vulgar. I'm very thankful that I have the opportunity to view these classics again. If you've never watched the show I think you can see episodes on youtube or I know you can see them on Netflix.


5. All The People I Follow.  Yes I'm thankful for all the people I follow on Instagram and with Bloglovin for posting such great pictures from QuiltCon. I wasn't able to attend, but it was so wonderful to see all the quilts, and even better was to get other's people's takes on them. There were some that I loved, others that weren't my taste, but for those of us who were stuck at home, it was fun to what was happening. So I want to thank all of those that posted, and I'm thankful for them as well (a double dose of thanks).

So that is my list for the week.  I hope each of you have lots of reasons to be thankful. I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for Thankful Thursday.



7 comments:

  1. Good and friendly customer service resonates with me, too, Shauna. That is awesome to hear that the FQS took good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are perfect and perfectly beautiful! The Cupid Shuffle quilt is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I like when posts give me a little insight into the writer, and this one does. I'm glad you were brave enough to talk to them about the flaws, and impressed that they help to find a solution. I also think FQS is a pretty great thing;

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such good things! I too enjoyed watching other people's photos or QuiltCon. It was like being there - but without the jetlag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice list. It is the simple things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely things to be thankful for. It really is lovely to be treated well when making a purchase and feeling valued as a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont have netflix but METV and TV Land have the oldies and I love them! I Love Lucy is my fav and I have that series on DVD but Beverly Hillbilies, Petticoat Junction, Make Room for Daddy, DOnna Reed Show..so many others. THat is usually all I watch! TV these days is trash!
    Cheri
    www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!