Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let It Snow - Flake

My second designer this month at Stuff to Scrap is Misty O'Brien Designs, and she let me take my pick of her kits in the store. I had a hard time choosing, because they all looked cool. I really liked the colors of her kit Let It Snow - Flake, but was hesitant because I don't have a ton of snow pictures (a result of living in Texas). But I decided to choose it anyway and I am glad I did. The colors are rich deep colors, and although it is designed as a snow kit, you can do more with it.

My first layout is of my church, or maybe I should say it is of the snow outside of my church. Two years ago we had a fairly big snow storm come though during the middle of the day. Sharla and I left work early hoping to make it home before the traffic got too bad, but we were out of luck. We tried several different ways home as one would get blocked by an accident. We had to go by our church, and traffic was slow, so I rolled down my window and took the picture. If there weren't so many people on the road, I would have loved to stop and take many more. I really like the blue, green and tan combination on her papers. I reduced the papers by 50% then applied them to my squares, I thought it came out pretty cool.

My next layout is Tucker in the snow. He didn't really like it, and we opened the back door so he could go out, but he just stopped. I think he liked watching it from the inside much better. Once we kicked him out, he did explore a little bit, but he wasn't happy about it. But he is better than either of the other two about going out during bad weather. The kit included some cute word art and I played with it to make it fit in my circles.

My last layout is of Cole. It has nothing to do with snow, I wanted to show the kit could be used for other things as well. I love the textured black paper, it gives depth to the page. It is a simple white space layout, but I really like how it looks. Cole was actually sticking his tongue out at Callie who was sitting next to him, but I cropped her out of the shot (oops my bad).

Let It Snow - Flake has great colors, and fun elements, so be sure to stop by Stuff to Scrap Store and get it. I'm hoping for a nice long post tomorrow fully of the other challenges I've done so far this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!