Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday, July 21st

For those of you wondering about the job, I did send an email yesterday and they have had a hangup on their end and I am one of two still in the running. They didn't give me any idea of when the decision would be made but hopefully soon, so keep me in your prayers.

I am so excited about scrapping this month. I may have over extended myself, but I am in Officers' Training at Ginger Scraps and I have signed up for their Scrapping Survivor as well. And to top it off I am in a contest to be a CT for Digi Scrapbook Mania, so I have so much on my plate. What it does mean is that I should have lots and lots of layouts to post over the next couple of weeks. So let's get started.

The first one is of Cooper. It is from my Officers' Training last week. I learned about the burn and dodge tool. The example is on the ribbon and buckle, I used the tools to help it look like the ribbon was woven through the buckle. I think it worked really well.

The next layout is Callie and Sharla. The photos were taken years ago at Mom and Dad's house. They were acting silly on the couch and was stretching her arm way out to take the pictures.

The next one is Callie at the beach in Nags Head. Be prepared to see this photo again, because the Ginger Scraps survivor kit is a beach/paradise theme and I may just have to use it again (hehehe). I love the kit I used on this one, the colors are great and it makes me want to go to the beach.

Ok I think I'm on a Callie/Tucker phase I swear just about every layout last week was of one or the other of them. This one is Tucker laying on my blanket (and don't let Sharla tell you it is hers). We had been taking pictures of them wearing a Halloween costume of a saddle with a little man on it and a hat. But Tucker wasn't happy with that so he went over and snuggled into the blanket. I love how he wanted to sleep but was keeping his eyes on us to make sure we didn't try to put that stuff on him again.

Next is another one of Tucker that was one of my submissions for the CT Challenge last week at Digi Scrapbook Mania. The funny part is when the assignment came out for this week, they used several layouts as examples and this was one of them. I did it originally for a speed scrap and modified it slightly to submit. I really love the colors of the page and the black and white photo.

I know I normally stop at five but I have a backlog and am creating more, so I thought I would add a couple of more today. The next one is of my dad and his brothers. I love this photo and I used it on a word challenge where I had to create a layout around the theme of reunion. Didn't they all look handsome.

Lastly is the fastest layout I've ever done. I forgot about a speed scrap until about 20 minutes before time was up to post. Luckily it was an easy one, so I threw this together in about 10 minutes and my machine stalled. I did get it posted one minute after the deadline and the hostess was gracious to give me the participation price even though I was late. The photos are from our trip to North Carolina in 2007. I love the look of those rusted boats.

That is it for today. More later......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!