Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunday Stash - 04/02/17

In some ways I wish this post was an April Fools joke, but alas that isn't the case. When I say we fell of the wagon hard, I mean the wagon was at the top of a hill and we fell off and rolled down it collecting fabric as we went (hehehe). It all started innocently enough, and it was my fault. I got an email about a sale at Craftsy, and I found a kit I wanted. Then Sharla started looking and found a kit she wanted, and then she found another kit she wanted. So three quilt kits, means a whooping big add for this week.  But first lets talk about the good thing for the week.

Sharla finished her Strip Box - Summerset quilt. It is very pretty and even if she didn't follow the pattern exactly, it turned out great. It is made with 2 jelly rolls and yardage for the border. I figured the amount of fabric used was 4 1/2 yards.  Not bad, plus it is the third flimsy she has finished this year, which is great for her.


Now for the oopises...to be honest I'm not sorry we purchase these kits, we love them and that is all that matters.  First I bought a Jewel Frame kit in purples by Kaffe Fassett. Sharla bought the same kit in green last November, and I loved hers, but I don't love greens as much as she does. So when I saw it in purple it really jumped out at me.  This kit contains 8 1/2 yards of fabric. I've not opened the bag yet, but here is what some of the fabrics look like.



Then Sharla found a kit for a prism quilt, she loved the fabric but not the pattern. I just laughed because the fabric line was Tula Pink's True Colors...a line that I love. So she decided she wanted it and that if she didn't think she could do the pattern we would find another pattern. Which we did, because she didn't want to do the paper piecing for the prism. And after drawing her quilt out in Electric Quilter, I think I may use my True Colors bundle and make the same quilt...or maybe not. This kit has 10 3/4 yards. And I think I converting Sharla to a Tula Pink fan!!! She couldn't resist opening the package and touching all the wonderful fabrics.


The last kit is called Fruit Slices, and reminds me of summer time. The colors are very pretty, the pattern is really not hard. She debated on this on for a while, before saying yes, but I think what she really loved about it is the bright cheery colors.  And the kit has 10 1/2 yards of fabric in it. and this one hasn't been open either, so the photo sucks but you can see the colors.


Now is the time to show the numbers. The good part is that we are still in black but the buying has to slow down or we have to sew faster....ok neither of those will happen. Just being honest here.

Fabric Used this Week: 4 1/2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 86 1/4 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 29 3/4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 40 1/4 yards
Net Fabric for 2017: 46 yards used

Of course Sharla wanted to order the backing fabric for the Tula Pink fabric right away, because she knew right away which one she wanted. So that got ordered yesterday.  So next week will probably be another slide in the wrong direction. She didn't order the backing fabric for the fruit slices, because we think any tone on tone fabric will work as long as it is in the right color range. We might even do a 108" backing so we don't have to piece anything. But that decision can be made later. Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - Sunday Stash and Sunday Stash #218 with Molli Sparkles. I hope ya'll have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

  1. I deliberately didn't look at the last Craftsy sale, too afraid now of the huge UK customs charges. I love the Kaffe Fassett fabric though, and the Tula, that was a good haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with your acquisitions, you're still doing great for the year. I love all the kits you chose, especially the Kaffe. Can't wait to see them made up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty fabrics in each kit. Sale fabric is hard to resist. I stayed off of Craftsy, but gave in to the 20% off sale at The Fat Quarter Shop. Hard to resist those sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all fallen off the wagon from time to time. I would have been tempted by that Kaffe kit too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!