Saturday, June 28, 2014

June Finishes: A Lovey Year in Finishes 2014

I cannot believe that June is almost over...time really flew this month.  I did get my main goal done, and I'm doing good on my second goal.  The gift quilt is done and gifted.  It was very well received and you can read about it on the Monkey Blanket post.  But so you can see it for yourself here is a picture of it.


It was a fun blanket to do.  I think it will be treasured for a long time.  I have also been working on my #TexasRoadTripQAL and have quadrants one and two completed.  Now I decided to do the city blocks separate, because I really love the look of the patch work alone.  I need to get caught up with my city blocks which I'm making into a separate wall hanging and start on quadrant 3.  Here is one and two side by side


I am so loving the Alison Glass fabric line call Sun Print.  It is bright and cheerful, but it also has some subtle prints as well.  I'm using Kona Ash as my background.  I've decided when I'm done I'm going to do a small Ash border all the way around to that Texas is framed....just as it should be.  Can anyone tell I am a native TEXAN??

I didn't get much more than this done in June...well I did another quilt finished and a major clean done on the sewing room.  I was feeling a little down that I didn't get more done in June, but I went back to my quilts spreadsheet...yes I have a spreadsheet to track my quilts.  I have quilted 21 quilts this year...not bad really and add to that I finished 5 tops, and cut out 4 others for Sharla.  So I'm quite happy with the progress I've been making.  I am linking up with Shannon at Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa at Sew BitterSweet Designs.


4 comments:

  1. I totally respect a woman who uses a spreadsheet to keep track of her projects!!! I am a lot more haphazard than that, although I do have a little diary I write in with the start date and finish of quilts I've made, along with ideas for other quilts or notes about making something. Your Texas quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute finish! Great job staying focused and meeting goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 is a lot of finished quilts! I think you are doing very well. The Texas pattern is shaping up beautifully, I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!