Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finish Along 2014 - Quarter 2

Ok I missed the sign up for the quarter one finish along, but have found making lists really do help me get things done.  So for the second quarter, which is April - June I need to get several things done.

First I want to quilt one quilt per week, which would be 13 quilts. The problem with that number is that I don't have 13 tops done...well I do but some are still packed away.  Plus I don't want to be so rigid that if something happens I feel like I failed.  So I'm going to say that I need to quilt 10 quilts in the second quarter. If I get more done, great. Below are eight that are done and laying on my Handiquilter frame.  I hope to get all of these done.


Second I have to finish the third test quilt. It is due May 1st, and all the HST are done, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I'm just hoping it turns out as cut as I am picturing it in my mind. I started assembling it, but when I sewed things together wrong I stopped again.  But it will be finished!!



Third, this is the hardest one for me.  I have to cut shirts for four memory quilts.  I have had the shirts for months, but haven't been able to cut into them.  I think it is just  being terrified I will mess them up and my friend will hate me. I know that she will love me no matter what, so I just have to force myself to do it.  The second part of this goal is to have at least one if not more of the tops completed by the end of the quarter. There it is writing, so now I really have to do it!!!!



And my last goal for the quarter is to get with piece at least one top from my stash of projects. Right now I am thinking it will be the PB&J fabric I bought at the Dallas Quilt Show this year. But I have several projects waiting that I want to do.  If I get more than one done, great, but I want to add at least one to the complete tops pile.


So that is my list.  I know it is a lot to do, but I have lots I need to accomplish.  If somewhere along the way, other projects jump ahead so be it.  But for now if I can get these things accomplished I will be a very happy camper.





1 comment:

  1. That's quite a list. You're very wise not to give absolute numbers for tops to be quilted as feeling a failure if you don't achieve it will slow everything up. I'm sure you'll do just great with all those projects and I look forward to reading about your progress. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!