Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long - Quarter 1 Goals

I didn't participate in the Finish-A-Long last year as much last year, and I missed it. So this year I'm going to try again. I'm listing all the projects I want to get done over the first quarter of this year. Now I know I won't get all of these done, but I'm hoping to at least get some of them done. And I wanted to give myself a variety of projects so that I don't only have large ones on my list. And all of these are in some stage of completion at this point.

1. Sharla's Flirt Quilt. This one is a fairly small quilt that Sharla finished quite a while ago, but has never made it on to the long arm. I want to do another small quilt before starting on Mecca's king sized quilt and this one has worked it's way to the top of the list.


2. Mecca's Courtyard Tiles Quilt. I finished the top before Christmas, but not the quilting, and since it was a Christmas present, it needs to get done. It will be the largest quilt I've ever quilted, and that makes me a little nervous. But it has to get done. Here is what I showed Mecca at Christmas.


3. Sharla's Juggling Summer Quilt. This is another big quilt, not quite king size, but very close. And Sharla wants it done before winter is over. I'm not sure it will get done right after Mecca's because it is so big, but hopefully not too far behind it.


4. Shauna's Big and Bold Quilt. Yeah one for me. I'm working on piecing the top as my January project and it is almost done, so I would like to get it quilted so it can become my chair quilt. It is twin size, so large but not too big. Here is half of one row.


5. Sharla's City Streets Quilt. She is piecing this one as her January project and it is another one that is about a twin size. I am hoping it is one that I can get done quickly, just to get some things off of my list. She has the four big rows completed.


6. Shauna's Cross Quilt. I've been working on this one since January 2015. I've finished all the blocks but need to get them assembled into a top and quilted. This is a queen sized top, so it is going to take some time, but I would really love to finish it, I love all the blocks in this one, they just make me happy.


7. Sharla's Summerset Quilt. She started this one before her eye surgery and then it went into a box and hasn't seen the light of day since. It is on her list to complete in March and if she finishes it early enough I would love to get it quilted. It is beautiful spring colors and would be great to use on her bed.


8. Shauna's Flying Geese Quilt. This is my Stash Bee quilt from 2015 and I love it. It is not super big, so it would be a great one to fit in between some of the bigger quilts. I adore flying geese quilts and this one is just great. I think I love it because of all the wonderful bright colors against the low volume back ground.


9. Sharla's Monkey Quilt. I was supposed to do this one before Mecca's quilt, but we thought we had lost the part of the backing, only to find that Hollywood had drug it out to the back porch. I have to see if it is usable or not. I'm hoping it will be OK if we just wash it.


10. Sharla's Batik Table Runner. This one has been finished for over 2 years and should be easy enough to quilt since it is only a table runner, but somehow I never seem to get it loaded and quilted. Hopefully putting it on the list will help spur me to get it done. I still need to dig this one out to photograph, but once I do I'll modify this post.

OK that is where I'm stopping, I have a ton more I could list, but I don't think I can get all of these done. But I have a good variety of sizes and some for me, some for Sharla and even one for Mecca. I will be linking up with Finish-A-Long at Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings, and she is just one of the many hostesses this year.



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt tops - even finishing one will be a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful quilts, but I love the tile quilt! I'm deciding if want to join the FAL this quarter-I did it early last year, but then puttered out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the list. All great projects. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!