Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - September Goals

I have a rather large to-do list this month. Ok I know I have a large one everyone month, but for some reason things keep jumping onto my list faster than I can get things completed. As always, the first item is the main one that I want to accomplish, but having a list really helps keep me focused.

1. Bee Blocks.  I have two this month, the Stash Bee is a pineapple block using low volume, grey, black, blue and teal.  I've not ever done the method recommended so I'm anxious to try it. The Bee Hive is a block called Jagged Little Pill and looks like lots of fun, it is white, aqua and green.

2. Midnight Mystery Quilt. We got the September instructions and it is to make square in a square blocks. I did one to test to make sure mine would turn out the correct size, and it did. So now I just need to do 33 more.

3. Turning Twenty BOM Stars. We will get instructions for 2 different blocks done in two sizes. I'm all caught up with this BOM and I want to stay that way.  We get the first instructions on the 7th, so I'm hoping to use Labor Day to do a little BOM sewing.

4. Trey and Jess's Tree Skirt. They asked me last Christmas to make them a quilted one, and I've got the fabric and just need to get started. My goal is to get it all the blocks made this month.  If I get more done, great, but I need at least the blocks made.

5. Dog Gone Cute Quilt. I've joined the QAL called Dog Gone Cute and my day for the blog hop is October 20th. I'm doing a fairly small project, it will be a small quilt representing Cooper, Tucker, Zoey and Hollywood.  I tested the small block last week and decided I wanted to do the bigger blocks. The quilt is my remembrance quilt for Cooper and Tucker, and I've added Zoey and Hollywood so I'm not totally sad when making it. Here is the test block I did.



6. Cross Blocks. I want to get 20 more blocks done this month. If I can get them done it will make me about 84% done with the blocks.  I've gotten some cut, but I don't know that I have twenty cut yet. I'm being more selective because I'm trying to make sure I have a good mix of colors. So I have to makes sure I don't cut too many of any one color.  Last month I did lots of yellow blocks, this month is will be more green and purple one.

7. Memory Quilts. Can't take this off the list until they are done. I want to make progress even if it is slow progress.

8. Sharla's Machine Cover. I need to get it quilted and sewn together. Maybe it will also be a Labor Day project.

9. Flying Geese Blocks/Tic Tac Toe Blocks.  Just like my cross blocks, I want quilts larger than I would get if I only used the bee blocks I received. So I need to make some more of each of these. My hope is if I can make one or two of each each month then they will add up and I will be able to finish these before the end of the year. I think I'm going to do something like I did with the cross blocks and cut a several blocks, so that I can always work on them in between other project.

10. Quilt something. I need to get back to quilting. I miss it and they are stacking up, well not really, I've not finished many tops this summer, but I still have a back log that needs to be finished.

That is it for this month. I'm really hoping I have lots and lots and lots of photos to show ya'll at the end of them month and I've finished all 10 items (or at least make lots of progress on them). I am linking up with Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shannon of Fiber of All Sorts.


4 comments:

  1. You will be very busy, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big list! My list keeps growing too, so I know what you mean. Good luck with your projects - I hope ou have a wonderful September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots going on looking froward to seeing your Dog Gone Cute Quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!