Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Update

I volunteered to make a quilt for this years Hands 2 Help, and I picked the charity Quilts of Compassion. When I signed up I had in my mind what quilt I would donate.  I have one that although I love the colors on it, it has moose and bears on it and isn't really me.  The top was finished, so I thought it would be a breeze. Then as always in my world things don't work out quite the way I want.  First I've not been able to find backing fabric that works with it.  And of course it is older fabric, so I'm not having luck find any of the fabric from the line.

So I had to come up with plan b.....hmmmm....can you smell the bacon because my brain is frying.  Well I have a couple choices, make a new quilt from scratch or go through my stash of completed tops and pick one of them.  Since I know I don't have time to do one from scratch, I went through the tops.  I recently finished Every Which Way as a test quilt.  When I picked the colors I thought a pregnant friend was having a little girl, but she has found out she is having a boy.  So I've decided to do that one for charity.  I had bought backing fabric for it awhile ago, so it just needed to be pressed, loaded and quilted.

So today I've pieced the backing and loaded the quilt.  It is basted and ready to start quilting in the morning. Sorry for the dark picture, but I didn't get it done until late and the room doesn't have great lighting.


If all goes well it will be quilted and maybe even bound tomorrow.  I will still most likely donate the moose quilt at some point when I have found some backing fabric.  I will say I'm pretty nervous about donating my work, because I never feel it is good enough. But I think that is just my own insecurities and I need to get over them.  And hopefully you will be seeing a finished quilt on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I think that it is awesome that you are taking your time to make a donation quilt. Whomever is lucky enough to receive it will feel the love you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a terrific quilt. Remember that the person receiving it will love it no matter what. It's a huge hug when needed most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great! We're all our own worst critics, so we'll probably never think our work is good enough, but others don't see what we think of as imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is beautiful. I think that whoever is blessed with it, will absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!