Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Finish - 06/16/17

I actually finished this quilt on June 5th, but life has just been busy and I've not gotten it photographed until today. And today's pictures aren't wonderful, but I will take what I can get. The quilt is Hollywood's Zombie quilt, and the story behind it is...Cole calls Hollywood his zombie apocalypse dog. Hollywood is supposed to protect him in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Now I don't do zombies, I don't watch the Walking Dead, really I don't do scary stuff at all. But when I saw a bundle of Riley Blake Zombie Apocalypse fabric on sale at Fat Quarter Shop, I just couldn't resist. I have had the fabric for about 3 years, and it just never worked it ways to the top of my to do list, but it was my June project and so I had to work on it.

I debated about doing something more complicated, but since the real stars of the fabrics were the zombies I wanted to make sure they were really seen. And as much as I'm not into to zombies, these are pretty cute. I went with a simple sashed block pattern that let me get the most out of the 9 fat quarters that were in the bundle.


I love that some of the fabrics gave important zombie facts, like zombies are attracted by loud noises and lights. So I will be hiding in a dark room if there is an apocalypse.


I am very happy to have finished this one early in the month because it gives me time to work on a few projects not on my monthly list. It will be a little bit before it get's quilted, but that is ok, Hollywood is very patient. I am hoping to get injections in my knees later this month which should help so that I can get some quilting done. It isn't a large quilt, only 55 x 55, so it might move up the list of quilts, just because I can get it done easier.


Well that is my finish for today...yeah!!! I am linking up with Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict,  Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts, TGIFF: Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Cut & Alter and Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts. And since this is my OMG for June, I will be linking up with Elm Street Quilts.

7 comments:

  1. I would never have even thought there was Zombie fabric but I have to say this is a pretty cute quilt. I don't do scary show either but I think I like these kind of zombies. Many thanks for linking up to TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I don't do scary. But for me add icky, sticky or oozy. That eliminates lots of stuff, but oh well. Now for your quilt--it's definitely cute, and I like your bold blocks. I may have to borrow your idea for some fabric that I want to show off. Sometimes we forget that a big square block can do it's share of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool quilt top, I have never seen Zombie fabric. I like how you framed the fabric but left each piece large so the design could be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! A great use of the fabric, you show cased it well. I used some fabrics from the same line for one of the graduation quilts. DT wanted a Zombie quilt, there's some really graphic zombie fabric out there. No way was I making a quilt from that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top looks great; I love how the fabric is featured. I hope he injections help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZOmbie quilt - how cool! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!