Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday Stash - 05/14/17

Well there isn't too much to report this week. No finishes because we've mainly been focusing on the #100Days100Blocks2017. So far we've posted every day on time, which means we've finished 8 blocks as of today. If you've been following along on instagram you've already seen these beauties, but if not here are my blocks so far.


And here are Sharla's blocks to date.


Now I will readily admit I stole/modified someone else's idea on photographing the blocks. I've seen some very cute props photographed with the blocks (I love the doggies best), but my favorite was by @ohsewquirky_nancy who used scrabble tiles to spell out the block number. I really loved that idea, but knew I wouldn't be so fond of it when it got to seventy eight. So I went looking and found some numbered scrabble tiles and they arrived on Friday night. So now our blocks photos are numbered. And as you can see above, I'm using the tile racks to from extra photo fun. I can see these getting a lot of use in the future.

Now for purchases, Sharla and I both needed some solids for this project, not lots, but some. So we went to the local quilt shop on Saturday and picked up some. I added more prints, because they didn't have the solids I needed. Since mine is a scrappy quilt I didn't need to match anything other than did I like it. But we made a pack that we could not purchase more than 10 FQ each and we stuck to it. I picked 10 and Sharla picked 7, here is what we purchased.


Also it is time to show my May Is For Makers 2017 purchase for this week. I chose a pattern that I've had pinned for a long time. I loved it from the first time I saw it, but kept putting off purchasing it because I didn't have the perfect fabric for it. I still don't have the perfect fabric, but I don't care, I'm bought it anyway. It is call Bubble Bath by My Quilt Infatuation. I love her patterns, in fact I bought one last year in May too.


So now it is time to talk numbers, and the numbers are creeping the wrong way, but I did make some progress on my coin quilt, and I'm hoping to have the top done by next week, which will help the number go back in the right direction.

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 105  yards
Fabric Added this Week: 4 1/4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 68 yards
Net Fabric for 2017: 37 yards used

I'm not thrilled with those number, but I'm not too mad either. Hopefully they will start creeping the in the other direction again soon. For today I'm going to link up with  Judy at Patchwork Times - Sunday Stash and Sunday Stash #224 with Molli Sparkles. And then I'm going to get busy sewing and see if I can change the direction of these numbers.

6 comments:

  1. How fun that you and your sister are working on the same quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really pretty selection of pink fabrics. And I can see why you decided to buy the Bubble Bath pattern... the name describes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pinks. Good luck with the sew-a-long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the scrabble tiles is such a cute idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the block progress, they are beauties. Both yours and Sharlas. I've seen that Bubble Bath pattern, it is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!