Monday, March 7, 2016

OMG - March Goal

I've hesitated to write this post, because I don't know what I want my goal to be for March. I have a ton of things I want to do, but I just don't know which one to pick. My first choice would be to quilt my tic toe quilt, but I'm still having some knee pain and I'm not sure that is possible. So that leaves me a variety of projects, but I have to pick one.

Ok, I'm tugging up my big girl panties and picking Cole's blocks. I'm am the queen of two different bees in April and I've decided to make a quilt for Cole. He and I've talked about it, and he has picked the colors he wants, now I need to get some test blocks done as well as a few more. Since he is a tall boy...ok man, I'm going to need at least 48 blocks to make it big enough, and maybe even 56. Even getting blocks from two bees won't be enough, so my goal this month is to get at least 10 blocks done. That will give me plenty to show for samples and get me started on all the extras I need to make.  The block we've chosen is the Tic Tac Toe block, but the colors are different than mine. I think it is going to be very cool looking and he will be very happy. Here is what it looks like when I drew it up in EQ7.


Now as always I can't leave it at just one thing, I have to have a to do list even if I get nothing done on it. Because it gives me such pleasure to mark things off of my list. So here are the other things I want to get done.

I want to finish Ariella's top, that went by the wayside when I did so much selfish sewing last month, so it is time to pick it back up and get it done. I also want to get my bee blocks done and mailed, hopefully by the 15th. I have to do a Quartrefoil and Disappearing 4 patch blocks. I should have fabric for both, yeah!!! I also want to get my flying geese top pieced. I'm just so excited to have all the blocks done. And lastly I want to quilt my tic tac toe quilt, I've got the top and the backing pressed and hope to load it on the long arm tomorrow.

Ok that is for March, I best get to work because I have lots to do and the first week is already gone. I am linking up with Heidi at Red Letter Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design for Cole's quilt! Before seeing it, I wouldn't have thought that I could like the single color scheme as much as I love your multi-color brights, but I do! Hope you make great progress on the list this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shew, you've got a busy month planned! Can't wait to see the progress you make! Also, I love the purple version of the tic tac toe quilt! I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing different variations of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design Shauna! It looks great in purple, but those blocks popping up on the side look amazing:)
    Hope your knee is feeling better

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!