1. Learning New Things. I will admit, I'm a bit of an old dog, so learning new tricks is a reason to be thankful. I wanted to make a pouch for the new van to keep in the glove box. I want to keep things like salt/pepper/ketchup in it along with a couple of forks/spoons/napkins. So I went looking and found the Noodlehead Wide Open Pouch. Since I didn't want the pouch to be stiff, I didn't use any interfacing or stabilizer. I did learn to put a zipper in years ago, but my memory is bad. But I did muddle through and ended up with a cute little pouch. I have already made several more. It has been fun to start and finish something fairly quickly.
2. New Goodies. Ok this is related to the pouch above. After making the pouch, I knew I would want to make more, so I ordered some zippers. Maybe a lot of zippers...ok a lot of zippers. I'm not sure I will ever use them all, but they are such pretty colors, I couldn't resist getting one of every color.
3. Hollywood. Not the city, but the crazy dog. He is weird, he is strange, but I love him anyway. Today a pet sitter came by to meet him, and it didn't go well. I don't know why he likes some people and doesn't like others. We were worried this might happen which is why we arranged for him to meet her. Since it didn't go well, he will be boarded at the facility where he goes to doggy daycare. I'm not sure he is going to like that much better, but he likes the people there. And since I love him, I want him to be safe and happy, because he makes me happy.
4. New Books. I have a couple that still haven't arrived, but I've almost finished this one. I love her writing style, but this book is as much about the practice as it is about the words. I really enjoy reading quilting books, I have a couple more on order and I can't wait for them to arrive.
5. Laughter. Lately life has been topsy turvy for me. Nothing horrible, but lots of stuff breaking down, too much to do and not enough time, etc. But through it all I have always found something to laugh about, not always the situations themselves but laughter none the less. Last week we found a new show called Repeat After Me and it is just too funny. I love to laugh, and I'm very thankful for my ability to see the humor in life.
Today I am linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl. :)