Howdy everyone. Not sure where that came from, but I just couldn't help myself. Today I'm going to recognize some things for which I am thankful.
1. Being able to give to others. I'm just like everyone else, I love to receive, but I'm very thankful that I have the ability to give as well. I've signed up to donate a couple of quilts for the Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge and I've also created two blocks for Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl, which will be used to make quilts for two deserving children. I am very thankful that I am in a position that I can help. Here are my two blocks which went into the mail this morning.
2. Decent Health. Could I be healthier, yes, but went to see my doctor and eye doctor today and both said I was doing good. We have some work to do on Sharla, she is improving health wise, but the eye doctor found an issue, and we have to go see an eye surgeon tomorrow morning. They believe they can fix the issues, so I'm very thankful for that as well.
3. Sale Fabrics. Yes I know I'm a bit of a fabric hoarder, ok a lot of a fabric hoarder, but it is so hard to pass up a good sale. Here are a few that I picked up last week. I have no plans for any of them, other than to go into my cross quilt. I love the colors and it was so much fun to shop for them.
4. A Good Forecast. Callie is getting married next Saturday and the weather is supposed to be very nice...72 degrees and sunny, which would be perfect. We can deal with rain, but it will be so much nice if it doesn't. I'm keeping a positive attitude that it is going to be awesome.
5. Taxes. Ok I'm not really thankful for taxes, but I am thankful that my taxes and complete and filed. I even get a little money back, and for that I am very thankful. And to top it off, it isn't the last day. I am glad that I live in the US and even though I don't like taxes, I do love my country and am thankful for all of the freedoms living here allows me.
That is it for today and I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl!!