First up lets see what I made for my 100 days project. I'm really liking how these blocks look. I'm still using mostly stash fabrics with the exception of what I purchased last week. It is so much fun to pick out the fabrics for each block, and get to use some pretty small scraps. There are some fabrics that will appear in only one block because that was all the fabric I had. My favorite block to date is the middle block on the second row, but I have to say I'm really loving them all.
Sharla is keeping up as well. We've found some fabrics in our stash to add to her selection to give her some more choices. We laugh every time we see her blocks next to mine, because they are so different, but yet the same. Sharla does not sew fast and she was a little concerned about keeping up, but so far she is doing a great job of it.
We have been watching all the blocks on Instagram and are amazed at how different they all are. Some are more traditional fabrics, and some very modern. We were talking last night about how you could do this project again with different fabrics/colors and have it look totally different. I wonder if they will have a 2018 version...mmm something to think about.
For my #MayIsForMakers2017 pattern I chose one I've looked at often since it was released. It is called Bundle Buster by Quilting Jetgirl. I love her patterns, but this one I like because it makes great use of fat quarters with very little waste. I have a ton of bundles, and this one should help me put some of them to good use. Here is the photo from her web site.
Now it is time to see what got done this week. I showed my coin quilt on Friday, and I still have to stay I'm loving it. And I also got my bee block in the mail. It was a fun block to make, but I don't think I will be making a full quilt like it, because my baby dogs wouldn't like it much. They think cats are bad, really really bad.
So let's talk numbers
Fabric Used this Week: 6 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 111 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 68 yards
Net Fabric for 2017: 43 yards used
The numbers are going in the right direction this week, which is a good thing. Sharla and I were rearranging some things yesterday and she noted that even though we've accomplished a lot this year, our stash doesn't seem to be dwindling much. I think we are going to have to work harder and faster to make a dent. I'm hoping to get some work done on the memory quilts this week, but I know I won't get them completed. So unless Sharla finishes her True Colors quilt, this is probably where we will stand for the month. Which isn't a bad place to be. Next weekend is a long weekend and we plan on doing a lot of sewing, but I'm not sure any of it will be able to be reported as completed. Either way we will have fun doing it. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I am linking up with quiltpaintcreate.