Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Finishes: Sharla's Kissing Booth

Happy Friday everyone!!!  I hope you have had a wonderful week.  I've actually gotten a lot done, but I can't show you everything just yet.  But the big finish for this week is Sharla's Turning 20 - Kissing Booth quilt.  I'm a little jealous that hers is done, and I still have to add the borders to mine.  But hopefully that will happen next week.

I think this is the best quilt she has done to date.  Is it perfect no, but it is pretty darn close.  I think she is pretty proud of it herself.  The turning 20 pattern is great for showing off large prints and this bundle had some great ones.  I did an allover meander and I know of one place I messed up, but I didn't even look for it once it was washed.  I'm sure at some point Sharla will find it, but I'm not going to point it out to her.


I used Signature's Parchment thread and blends nicely with almost all the fabrics, it does show up on the brown blocks, but not in a bad way. I have to say I like the meander better than the loops, but it is a little harder when the thread blends into the fabric to make sure your lines don't cross.


I also finished the top of a test quilt I was asked to do about a week ago, but I can't show that to you until the pattern is released.  It was lots of fun to do.  But the most fun I had this past week was going to the Dallas Quilt show.  Ohhh so many pretty quilts to see, and so many way out of my league.  I will say I didn't love the best in show quilt, it wasn't really my style, but there was some that I really loved. And then there were the vendor booths.  Sharla and I went on a buying frenzy.  Before going in we knew of some things we wanted to see if anyone had, and we found one. But ohhh boy did we find a lot of other great stuff.  I think we tallied it and Sharla bought 7 projects and I bought 6.  So our to-do list just got longer.  I've already cut one of them out for Sharla and I think she is going to work on piecing it this weekend.  I'm not cutting any of mine until I finish my Kissing Booth and get the next test quilt done.  I can't believe I've been asked to do three different test quilts.  The next one isn't publishing until May, but I want to get it done before I start something new.  I'll try and get some photos of what we bought on Sunday to show ya'll a little later.  



10 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I love the big blocks of color. Someday I too shall meander, but for now I just "walk the line", LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I did a meander in between the weird loopy things on last week's finished, and I was surprised at how easy it was! I'm a big fan of the loops, though, because then you can cross lines by accident and say it was on purpose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. I love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, very nice! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, very nice! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, very nice! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so very talented. This quilt with its pinks and browns is wonderful!

    Hope your weekend is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a really pretty quilt. The meandering looks great. i am visiting from NTT and a new follower through bloglovin. have fun!
    xo jan@ Sew and Sow farm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this finish! beautiful colors and the quilting is lovely!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pattern--you're right it's great to show off those larger prints!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!