Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Finishes: Sharla's Disappearing 9 Patch

Happy Spring everyone.  Yesterday was the first day of spring and I think my allergies really felt it.  I am happy to say I have a finish this week, but I've not gotten much else done.  This week I quilted Sharla's disappearing 9 patch.  I have to say it is hard to be sad around this quilt because it is bright and cheerful and just screams spring. She loves pink and green and I think these fabrics really fit her tastes.  I tried to get a photo of it outside on Tuesday just after I finished it, but it was pretty windy and even Cole with his long reach couldn't show it all.


I washed it Tuesday night and love how it looks now that it is all squishy.  There is just something about a fresh washed quilt that makes me very very happy.  We took it to Sharla's office and as you can see it is a little bigger than the ones before and it hung over onto the floor some...ok a lot.


Here is one where I'm holding it up, but it still drags the floor some.  I do love quilts that are long enough to tuck under my feet and still reach my ears and this one fits that bill perfectly.  I just did a simple all over meander in a variegated Signature cotton thread call Raspberries. 

The back is the same black/pink/green fabric that is part of the blocks, and it was great because it hid any mistakes I made....oohhh I didn't make any mistakes....if you believe that one I have some ocean front property for you.










7 comments:

  1. Such a fun quilt, I love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and fun! Such a cheerful reminder that Spring will come! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink and green are a great combo for spring! I like your technique for picking backing fabrics. I do the same thing! A backing made of solid fabric would be my greatest fear:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright and cheerful quilt. Perfect for snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely Friday Finish! The color combination is so sweet and adorable!
    Esther
    estheripatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect for Spring! Love the bright colors--it turned out great!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!