Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes March Goals & 30/30 Sewing Challenge

Ok since I've got basically the same goals for both of these I'm lumping them together. So far I've been doing great on my ALYOF 2014 goals, and really want to keep going.  And to help make sure I reach my goals I'm joining the 30/30 Challenge Sarah at Berry Barns Designs.  Now for those new to each of these, A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 you set one goal for each month and then report back to see if you completed that goal (I normally have more than one goal). And the 30/30 challenge is to carve out 30 minutes for 30 days to accomplish your sewing goals.

My goals this month are to quilt one quilt a week.  I've been successful in doing is for January and February, and want to continue the progress.  I believe that I will quilt in this order, my first t-shirt quilt, Sharla's disappearing 9 patch, my disappearing 9 patch and Sharla's turning 20.  This may change a little, but I know I'm starting the month with my first t-shirt quilt.

I don't have photos of my t-shirt quilt, but here is Sharla's Disappearing 9 patch

And my disappearing 9 patch, sorry the photos aren't great, but they were taken in the hallway outside of the classroom where we took the class and taken with my ipad.


I don't have a photo of Sharla's turning 20 top, but I do have one of mine, and hers is the same fabric except for the outer border.  I may change up and do another one in this ones place, but for now it will give you an idea of what I hope to accomplish.

In addition to getting some quilting done, I want to cut out and piece my Kissing Booth turning 20 quilt.  It is an easy pattern and I'm doing the smaller version using 12 fat quarters, so it is definitely doable.  I also want to get the fabric for the next test quilt I'm doing.  Yes I was asked to test another quilt by a different designer, and it is pretty cool.  I think I have everything picked out except the background and backing fabric, but need to make a trip to the fabric store.

Here is the fabric for the Kissing Booth turning 20, I pressed it last night to get it ready.


It is going to be a busy month, but that's the way I like it. I'm finally getting to the quilts that we really want quilted.  The ones before were more for practice.  I'm also hoping to go to the Dallas Quilt Show next weekend, which I'm sure will lead to some fabric purchases, and hopefully lots of inspiration. If you've not checked out A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 or the 30/30 Challenge, the names are linked as are their buttons on the side bar.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining me on the challenge, Shauna. Great goals - I especially like the yellow/black/white quilt - it's really eye catching. Can't wait to see how you quilt it! Speaking of which, I'm looking at longarm machines, so I might have to pick your brain about what you love about yours : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, but you have been a busy quilter! You really are the smart one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, Shauna! Looking forward to seeing your quilting progress each week for the 30/30 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics and quilts in the making. Have fun sewing for you ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some crazy quilt list you have! They are all very pretty I might add. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's going to be a busy month for you then. good luck with all your goals

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!