Friday, May 7, 2010

Polka Dot Plum Layouts

Ok, I've been on the CT team for Polka Dot Plum for a couple of months now and I'm am quite thrilled by that fact. Such awesome designers and wonderful kits. But with things getting busy at work, I've not blogged about all the wonderful kits I've gotten to use, so I'm making up for that today. It's going to be a long post, but lots of great layouts too. I think I blogged about all the layouts I created for March, so now to catch up on April.

My first designer was Danielle Corbitt Designs and I used her kit Nothing But Net which is so cute, and it even has some pieces you can color to match your team. I created two layouts with it, the first being Callie when she was coaching Upwards basketball at church. She took her job seriously, including reminding them to keep their hands up in the air. She did that by example, I swear she spent 75% of the games with her hands raised. I love the little doodle player (he is one of the things you can recolor).

My second layout using Nothing But Net isn't of anyone, but Sharla and I were trying to catch a ball going into the net. This is my best shot of the day. But the layout shows a lot of the great elements in the kit.

The next kit I used was called Just A Day by Sir Scrapalot Designs (yes I do love that name). And it is a very bright cheerful kit full of eye popping pinks. My first layout is Sharla standing in an overgrown area of wisteria. The real funny part is afterwards when going through my pictures I found a baby possum sleeping very close to where she was standing (she wasn't thrilled by that idea). I used this layout for a lyric challenge at Polka Dot Plum and I really liked the lyric as the title.

My next layout using Just A Day is of Tucker. I decided to use some of the other colors besides the pinks to show the kit's versatility. He is such a happy dog and he makes me so happy, the title came easily.

The next kit I used is Defining Moments by Brandy Designs. I love the deep rich colors of this kit and had lots of fun with it. My first layout is one of my possum shots. Sharla still shivers when I show it to her (hehehe), a little freaked that it was so close and she had no idea. I did this as a speed scrap, and I really love how the cluster worked.

My second layout is Mr. Cole posing by his new truck. I did it as a second example in the lyric challenge like the earlier one of Sharla. However this time I used more of the lyrics in the layout. I have become a big fan of lyric challenges, because it is a great way to get titles and even some journaling.

My next kit...I told you this was going to be long...You Look Wonderful Tonight by Utski Design and is a great kit. It has deep colors with some touches of black, which I really love to use on layouts. My first layout is one I did for a template challenge and is packed with flower pictures from this spring. I love the odd shaped pieces on the template and the black stamp element I used on the top and bottom.

My second layout using You Look Wonderful Tonight is Angela, a friend daughter. It was taken at her Mom's wedding and she looked so beautiful, and that smile was just too cute.

Ok my last kit for April was called Grace by Polka Dot Plum Designs. If you stopped by last weekend you may have picked up a quick page I created using the kit to celebrate iNSD. I also used it for a one day only lyric challenge in the forum. I used the song Bless This Broken Road and a photo of Tina and Samuel on their wedding day. This is one of my favorite layouts I've done.

I've already started to work on my May layouts, but I think this is enough for today. Make sure you head over to Polka Dot Plum and pick up some or all of these kits, you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. What program or cut-out do you use to make your pictures or papers distorted like a trapazoid? Like in your You Look Wonderful Tonight Spring 2009 page. I love it! =)

    Please please message me! I want to learn. I'm new to the scrapbooking world and enjoy your site very much! You have one more fan.

    CB

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!