I've started writing this post about 10 times, and I change my mind on which posts are my top 5. If you go with most comments, it is always the giveaways, which were fun, but not really my favorites. Then, I I thought to go with my favorites which would be some of my Thankful Thursday and #100DayOfHappy posts because those were things that made me happy. Then I finally decided on my finishes, which were pretty meager this year, but that just meant they were even more special to me. So I decided to put them in order that I finished them.
1. Tessellated Leaves - I did this as a test quilt for Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl and I have to say it was lots of fun to make. I want to do another one in a rainbow colorway, but I have to get other projects done first (but I have fabric to do it...hehehe).
2. Grande Scrappy Tiles - Again another test quilt but this one was for Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs. I love the colors on this one, the pinks and purples are just right up my alley. And this one goes together quickly because the blocks are big. In fact I'm really thinking about using my Tula Pink Moonshine to make this one again. I think the mix of sizes of the blocks would show off the fabric so well.
3. Dog Gone Cute Blog Hop. I have to admit that these are probably the most favorite thing I've made this year. Yes I know I'm a little...ok a lot dog crazy and these were just too much fun!! I still have to make my Marley block and get them hung on the wall. But hopefully you will be seeing Marley shortly.
4. Trey and Jessica's Tree Skirt - This was a year in the making...ok not really but they did request it last Christmas and luckily I got it done in time to give it to them at our family Thanksgiving dinner. They both loved it, and I hope they get to use it for years to come!!! I will say this was probably my most challenging finish, I had to cut pieces on an angle and use bias binding, two things that were new to me.
5. Christmas Table Runners - Ok they were Christmas gifts not made with Christmas fabrics. It was a challenge because I didn't decide to make them until after Thanksgiving, and although they were fairly easy, time is somewhat limited in December. I think they were all well received and if I had to pick a favorite it would be the one I made for Mecca and Tom. But then I do love flying geese.
I have to say there were other posts that I really loved too, like Quilty Thankful Thursday #19 because it showed pictures of Callie and Beau's wedding, and #100 Days of Happy - Part 2 because it introduced Marley as part of our family. And I had some sad posts like the one where my precious baby dog Tucker passed away. But overall I was glad to find that most of my posts were happy, and in reviewing for this post it was lots of fun going through them again. If you want to post your Best of 2015 you have until tomorrow to do so on Meadow Mist Designs blog.