Friday, January 22, 2016

First 2016 Finish-A-Long Finish / Friday Finish

I actually finished this last weekend, but between me being sick, Sharla having eye surgery, and just a crazy week, I've not had time to photograph it until now. I'm happy it is done and so is Sharla, she has been wanting this for a long time. I think it was on my list every month last year, but I just never got to it.  Box Trot is no small quilt it was 63 x 93 1/2 before quilting, which is a twin size. It is nice and long, which is really nice.


I tried photographing it both inside and outside, because it was very hard to get the bright colors on this one to show in the photos. I can say this is Sharla all the way, bright and cheerful to the max. The fabric in the boxes is wavy and it really looks wonky in the photos.


As you can see above I quilted it in random loops, and it was fun to just let go and quilt. No real plan just going loopy crazy. I also really love the backing fabric for this one because it was so busy that any mistakes (yes I do make some) were easily hid from sight. It is also the fabric for the outer border. We used the wavy line fabric for the binding and I love how it looks.


I'm glad to have this one done, one because it has been hanging out for far too long and two because Sharla is really going to enjoy using it. So one off the list, and now to get working on the other projects I need to do. Today I will be linking up with  Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studio, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation, TGIFF @ The Quilt Journal and Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts. And this is one off my 2016 Finsh-A-Long list too!!!!

8 comments:

  1. That backing fabric is just perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors- so bright and cheery and I agree the backing is perfect! What a great finish start for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for another finish!!! I think I actually got a little adrenaline boost seeing your success...maybe it will spur some of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats with this finish. Such a fun colors with a perfect backing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy backing fabric, and great timing to have a quilt finished for Sharla to cuddle under as she recovers from her surgery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. It's so bright and cheerful. Your loopy FMQ is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are the binding and backing/border fabric from the same range? They coordinate perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilting - the perfect finishing touch!! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!