Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quarter 1 Goals for 2015 Finish-Along

Ok it is time to set my quarter one goals for the 2015 Finish-Along and I have a nice long list. Yeah, I know what you're thinking I always have a long list. But the way I figure it is...write it all down and maybe some of it will get done. The year the Finish-Along is being run by Adrianne at On The Windy Side. And the link-up just opened today, so if you want to join along, then you should check out the button below (it is linked).
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


So I'm going to divide my goals into two groups.  The first is quilts that I wanted finish, either tops that are completed or ones that I'm working on currently.  The second list is goals that aren't necessary finishing a quilt, but that I still want to track and try to achieve.

Quilts to Finish

1. Tessellated Leaves.  This is a test quilt that I am making for Quilting Jetgirl.  The fabric has been cut and I've got some of the blocks completed, but I can't show it until later this month.  But here are the fabrics I chose. I"m really liking how the finished blocks look.


2. Memory Quilts.  I have four quilts to complete.  One of the tops is complete, and even on the frame to be quilted.  The other three have the blocks done, but need to be sashed.  I would like to finish all four in this first quarter, but if that isn't possible I hope to finish at least 2 of them.


3.  Box Trot.  Sharla finished the top last year, and I want to get it quilted now.  It will be the first quilt where I use wool batting.  If we like it we are going to by more, but first I want to test how it quilts and washes.


4. Alternating 4 Patch Purple.  I actually made this quilt top to be one of the first quilts I quilted when we purchased the long arm, but it got packed away and lost for a long time.  We recently found it and I want to get it quilted.  I'm not sure if I will get to keep it or not, my nephew was eyeing it when I was piecing it because purple is his favorite color. It needs to be ironed after being packed away for over a year.


5.  Table Runner Batik.  This is another one that was lost for a while, but it wasn't finished being pieced when we found it.  But it is done now and needs to be quilted.  It should be a fast quilt project. I don't have a photo of the runner, but it very pretty.

6. Trip Around The World Green.  This is Sharla's, and she wants it done.  But it is just hasn't worked its way to the top of the list yet.  But if 1-5 get done, this one will be at the top of the list.  Well unless something else pops-up.

7. Trip Around The World Purple.  This is mine and I would like it done, more because it is big and I would like to use it on my bed.  But it is just like Sharla's, ready to be quilted as soon as I have time to do so.

Now that is my list of tops to quilt during the first quarter. Now onto the list of things I want to accomplish that are not completed quilts.

1. Bee Blocks.  I am currently a member of two different bees, and want to make sure I always get my blocks done in a timely manner.

2. Cross Quilt Blocks.  This month I'm the Queen Bee of the Compass Quilters and I've requested cross blocks.  I will need many more blocks so I want to try and do some blocks for myself every month until I have enough blocks for a queen sized bed.

3. Organized Sewing/Quilting Room.  It is a mess, and it is getting hard for me to work in it, because it is driving me crazy.  I had planned on cleaning it this week, but that didn't happen.  I want to clean it as well organize it.  And I want to try and develop an organization method that is maintainable.  I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I want to be able to move around the room and function on a daily basis.

4. Unpick The Moose Quilt.  I was quilting this quilt last summer when I had some major tension issues with my long arm.  I ended up taking the machine in for service, but what I had quilted needs to be pulled out so I can start quilting it again.  In July the last thing I wanted was a quilt on my lap at night, so it just got put aside until winter.  Well winter is here and I need to get to ripping out some stitches.

5. Sew Callie/Beau's Blocks.  Callie and Beau have asked for a signature quilt for their wedding in April.  I'm going to paper piece blocks and then put the quilt together after everyone signs it at the wedding.  Color have been picked out, but so far no fabrics have been purchased.  Hopefully that will be done soon and I can get to piecing.

Ok that does it for me.  It is a long list, and I fully expect not to get everything on it done, but if I can get most of it or even half of it done I'll be a happy camper.  Don't forget you can link up with On The Windy Side as well.  It is a great way to hold yourself accountable.

2 comments:

  1. An autumn tessellated leaves quilt - I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and I'm sure you can do it! The trip around the world quilts are beautiful, you've got to finish them! I've got to add that "organizing sewing/quilting room" point to my list too! The room is already small and soon I won't be able to walk into it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!