Friday, January 30, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes: January Finishes

When I started January I set one main goal and then some other things I want to accomplish, but I call them all goals (yeah I'm a rebel). Yes I know we are supposed to do one, but I just work better from a list. Well I did ok, not great, but ok.

Goal 1 is always my main goal for the month and I accomplished mine. It was to finish the test quilt I was doing for Quilting Jetgirl called Tessellated Leaves. Not only did I finish it, I had a few days to spare (not many but a couple).


Goal 2 was to finish by bee block (only had one this month) and I got it done. I had to do a wonky cross block for my Stash Bee queen. I got it done and in the mail.  I was the queen for the Compass Quilters and the Bee Hive doesn't start until this month, so only having to do one block was pretty easy.


Goal 3 is where I started to slide off the tracks.  I did get one of the memory quilts halfway quilted and it is still on the frame. If all goes well it will be finished by Monday. Since there is a mixture of fabrics I had some real tension issues, but I think I have them worked out as of now. I did not get the second top pieced, but I did get it laid out in rows, so it should go quickly.

Goal 4 is partially done as well. I have actually swept the room which is a great accomplishment, and organized part of it, but then it went south quickly as I worked on projects. I hope by the end of next week to have it some type of order.

And lastly goal 5 was to complete 20 of my cross blocks. I have 16 of them sewn in rows and 5 more started, but need to iron them and do the final sewing. I had thought I would have them finished, but just not enough hours in the day. If I don't finish them tomorrow, I think I will finish them during the super bowl. I'm not interested in the game, so I will sew during that part and watch the commercials.

I'm ok with what I got accomplished, since I started off the year sick. I also worked with Callie and we have a plan for her and Beau's signature quilt. So I've got a busy month ahead of me next month, but hey that is what makes life fun. I am linking up with Melissa of SewBitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fibers of All Sorts.



5 comments:

  1. I think you had a really productive month! You got something done on all the goals, and several seem like they will be finished soon. Thanks again for testing for me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a productive month- that Tessellated Leaves quilt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got a LOT done! I crossed a few things off my whiteboard. I guess today's job is to update my whiteboard for February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your January goal! I really like the quilt and the block is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You've done a great job. Even just the quilt is a fantastic result! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!