Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Finish: Bee Blocks and Test Quilt

I am so glad to have a Friday Finish again.  It seems like forever and I even have two...yes you read that correctly TWO!!!  Well I do and I don't.  One of the finishes I can't really show you all of it yet, but I will explain.

First up is my bee block(s) for Stash Bee, which have been done for at least two weeks, but my rule is I can't show them here until they are in the mail.  Luckily I was able to get to the post office yesterday and they are on the way to this month's queen Toni.  The block we were requested to make was a Wonky Cross block, in the colors of yellow and grey.  I didn't have much grey in my stash, but I found a cool dot fabric at my LQS.  The first one I made ended up looking more like an "X" than a cross.


Since that block didn't work out like planned I made a second block with the colors reversed and it turned out much better.  It looks like a cross (yeah!!)


Since I really didn't have any use for the first block I emailed a photo of it to Toni to see if she could use it. and she said yes!.  So both blocks are headed to Houston.  I can't wait to see what she makes with them.  I've seen some of the other blocks and they all look pretty cool.

I also finished my first quilt for 2015, and it is very cool.  Now the problem is I can't show you the front of it, because the pattern hasn't been released as of yet.  The pattern is called Tessellated Leaves and it is by Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.  It was a fun project and you will be able to see my version of it on January 29th and I will tell you lots more about it.  There is a blog hop starting on the 25th on Yvonne site.  I can't wait to see what the other testers made, But I wanted to count this one as complete since it has been a slow start this year.  So here is what I can show you.


Now what is really cool is that I've completed two of the five goals I set for myself for January, and I'm hoping to get a couple more of them done next week.  So it might be a slow start to the year, but at least the wheels have started.   Today I am linking up with  Let's Bee Social with Sew Fresh Quilts, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday @ Richard and Tanya Quilts, Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts, Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation and Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studio.

9 comments:

  1. It can be so frustrating to get a finish yet not be able to show it off! I love the wonky crosses blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing to that quilt is SO previously gorgeous and looks so inviting! Great choice! Your bee blocks are lovely bright colors and I need to get on the band wagon for those blocks! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first 2015 finish. I look forward to seeing the front. Her pattern is amazing! I enjoyed watching her progress and the pattern magically emerging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finishes! Can't wait to see the blog hop. I love seeing how people interpret different patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 of 5 goals? That is making some progress! I love the backing fabric you chose, Shauna, and I am so excited, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both the blocks and how the colors are reversed. A fun bee block! I like the back of your quilt, too. I came from LAFF, so be sure to post there again when you can show the front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever teaser of Yvonne's pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay on your finishes Shauna! Looking forward to seeing the Tesselated Leaves quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of fabrics for your cross block.Now we want to see those leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!