Friday, August 6, 2010

More Layouts

Ok, I have lots to show you today, and it is a mixed bag of things, but I'm trying really hard to get caught up on showing ya'll everything I've done. It has been a slow couple of weeks, the heat is taking a toll and by the time I get home, I'm just not good for nothing. But I have a stock pile that I need to get through.

I'll start with the four challenges I did for the DSM Summer Getaway. I didn't win....poor poor me...but I did win a prize for one of the workshops I showed you a couple of weeks ago. So that was fun. The first challenge had to be about vacation, your favorite from the past, your favorite place to go, etc. I chose our vacation from 2000 where we all went to Nags Head. The pictures were taken from the top of Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. In the photos are Sharla, Mecca, Callie, Cole, Kathy, Hazelene and me. It was a hard climb, but the view was worth it.

The second challenge was to do a layout about ice cream, it could be anything about ice cream. Sharla and I decide to get pictures of the babies eating ice cream. And boy do they like ice cream. I had totally completed my page when I realized it looked almost exactly like the page I had done for the previous challenge, so I redid it totally. I like both, so I thought I would show you both.
First Pass

Second Try

The next challenge was to do a layout based on summer song. I really struggled with this one, because I just couldn't pick a song. If I liked the song, I couldn't come up with photos to use with it. I finally decided on my current favorite song, which is American Honey by Lady Antebellum. And I picked Callie to be the subject. I really like this layout.

The last challenge was very hard because they gave you no direction except to use as many of the skills you learned in the workshops as possible. I chose a series of photos of Cole. I got to use selective coloring, extraction, clustering, white space, shadows, and journaling.

So that completes my layouts for the Summer Getaway. I also did a scraplift challenge for July at DSM. I used CT Appreciate Week 2010 collaboration kit and a photo of Cole and Danni. They had come over for dinner and he was messing with her and she was giving as good as she got (you go Danni!!!!). It was so much fun just watching them horse around.

Ok next up is a layout I did for the Use It or Lose It challenge at Stuff to Scrap. Digi-designs by Nicole created this mini kit and it was a lot of fun to use. I found an old picture of Callie and thought it matched the kit perfectly.

Next is one I did for the Color Challenge at Stuff to Scrap. You can pick lots of mini kits and use them or you can use any kit that matches the colors chosen for that month. I used several of the minis to create this layout of Tucker. I really love the color combination and this photo.

During CT Appreciation Week, they had lots of challenges and speed scraps and games. I did a speed scrap lead by Mandy of Mandy Made Digi Bits and created a fun layout of Mr. Cooper Bob. It was hard for me because it had been a while since I did a speed scrap and getting it done in time was a lot of pressure, but I liked the results. I used Stars and Stripes by Scrappin' Daisies Designs.

Ok the last one for today was my entry into the White Space Challenge at CT Appreciation Week. The photo is Sharla and I taken in 2006 and the kit is the collab given away during the week. The kit is just amazing and is just packed with great stuff.

Ten layouts, that helps reduce the backlog quite a bit, but I still have more. So hopefully I'll be back soon with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!