Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Finish - Grande Scrappy Tiles Test Quilt Top

Wow it seems like forever since I have had a Friday Finish. That is pretty much because it has been forever. I've finished bee blocks and such, but never wrote up post about them.  But today I have an actual quilt top finish. I volunteered to test a pattern for Meadow Mist Designs, because I love her patterns. She is in the process of testing two patterns right now and I selected Grande Scrappy Tiles. It is a super fun pattern and the blocks are huge!!! Nine blocks make a 72 x 72 lap quilt.


I had to wait several days to try and get photos, because it has been raining so much, but Sunday was a pretty day, so Sharla and I took it out to play.  What I found out was that it is an very ornery top, it fell down over and over again.  It began to be a joke between Sharla and I. I think it spent as much time like this as it did hanging correctly.


It also did a lot of dancing in the wind, and it was pressed nicely until it kept falling.  I would try and get it positioned and Sharla would start snapping right away, because we knew it wouldn't last long.


All in all I love the quilt. The fabrics are left overs from a Trip Around The World quilt I did a couple of years ago.  I still love them, and I really love the mix of dark and lights and it has lots of my favorite color purple in it.  The pattern for Grande Scrappy Tiles hasn't been released yet, but should be available in a couple of weeks. I will let everyone know when it is available.  Today I am linking up with Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday @ Richard and Tanya Quilts, Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts, Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation and Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studio.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love these kind of "random placement" quilts - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And the perfect pattern name since it looks like it is going to be perfect for whittling down those scrap bins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Sharla - the colors are so vibrant and happy and the mix of tones looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I know you are Shauna but typed your sister's name above - maybe I need some caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are unexpected in a quilt top and they look so good with this pattern. This is such a pretty top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great scrap quilt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those colours - congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. I seem to be always sewing but I have few quilt tops finished to show for it! Well done on one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours! Scrappy quilts are the best quilts :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these colors - great pick on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!