It is hard to believe that it is already the last quarter of 2014, that means 2015 is just around the corner. I have a very long list for this quarter, not that I expect to get anywhere near all of it done. I just do better when I have a list, so why not make it a long list. I'm thankful that Katy at The Littlest Thistle for hosting, it really helps keep me on track (well as much as I will ever be on track).
1. My biggest goal for this quarter is to finish the four memory quilts. I have the four patches made for 3 of them and the fourth is cut and I hope to get sewn this week. Then it is just sashing, quilting, and binding....doesn't that sound so simple.
2. My Texas quilt. I need to add the borders and piece the back. Then all that is left if the quilting.
3. Sharla's Texas quilt. The top is finished for it, I just need to piece the back and get the thread to quilt it.
4. Sharla's Bright Box Trot quilt. I have to piece the backing and then quilt it. It will be the next one I put on the frame, so hopefully it will done by the end of October.
5. My Trip Around The World quilt. This one has been sitting for a long time, and I'm ready to start using it. It is large and perfect for winter. I need to piece the back for it before I can start quilting.
6. Sharla's Trip Around The World quilt. She and I did these for a class and they have been in the closet a long time. Sharla has decided she doesn't like the fabric we have for the backing, so I've got to go find more and then piece it.
7. My Double Slice Trails End quilt. I first have to pick out the bad quilting on this one. It was the one where the tension issue on my long arm really reared it's ugly head. I set it aside because it was too hot this summer to have it laying on my lap for unpicking.
8. Mid Winter Red table runner. Sharla is piecing this one right now, so hopefully it will be done in time for Christmas to use on our table. It is made with mini charm packs of this line.
9. Log Cabin Brown/Teal. This is Sharla's quilt that needs a couple of blocks to finish and then we should be good to go. I also have my blue log cabin and her green log cabin, but we want to do the brown one first to make sure we like how the quilting looks on it. I don't have any photos of this one.
10. Looking Glass test quilt. I have to have it done by Nov. 21, or at least the top done. I'm hoping to have it quilted by then as well. I love the pattern and am thrilled to be testing it. These are the bundles I bought to use, I won't need all of these fabrics only about 1/2 of them.
Ok those 10 goals mean 13 finished quilts, and I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen, but even if I just get 1/2 of those done I'll be happy.
I do have some none finished quilts goals. I know they don't count for the prizes, but it holds me accountable when I write them down.
1. Finish my tutorial for my month as Queen in the Compass Quilters Bee. I'm doing a simplified Greek cross block and since I will need lots more blocks than I receive, I'm using some of those to create my tutorial.
2. Clean the sewing room. I know that was on the last list, but I want to do a deep clean at least once a quarter. I try to clean after every project is completed, but that is more straightening than cleaning.
3. Cut out at least 3 new quilts for Sharla and 2 new quilts for me. Now I know one of mine will be the Looking Glass quilt, but no idea on what the other will be. We both have a list that of to-dos, so it will be whatever tickles our fancy at the time.
4. Get my finished quilts in some type of order. Right now they are all over the place. I want to get some on to my quilt ladders and others displayed around the house.
5. Get quilt hung behind my sewing machine. I did a test quilt for Cora's Quilts and it is finished and I want to hang it in my sewing room behind my sewing machine. I found some cute clips from 3M that I'm going to try. I'll let you know how they work.
6. Get my scraps organized better. Right now everything is just tossed in a bin, not cut to any size, not even checked for usability. I want to cut them into some standard sizes and sorted by color, or at least that is what I think I want to do. I just need to work with them a little so they are more usable.