Sunday, October 5, 2014

Finish Along Quarter 3: Finishes

Man when I look at the goals I set for the third quarter and then look at what I got done, I'm sorely sad (can you guess that I'm from the south).  But here goes, what I did get done and did not get done.

1. Texas Quilt.  I did finish the top, but I still have to get borders on it and quilt it, so it doesn't count as finished.  It will definitely be on my next quarter list.

2.  I decided against doing the wall hanging.  I may at some point in the future, but for now it is not what I want to do.  Another fail.

3.  Yeah something done.  I did get all the shirts taken apart and blocks cut.  I even have 2 of the four with the blocks pieced.  I still have to sew the other two block together, and then sash them all.  It doesn't count as a finish, but at least I accomplished something.


4.  I am on a roll now.  Something I can count as a full finish.  I got my Watkins Star quilted and bound.  YEAH!!  I am very pleased with how it looks finished.  I plan on donating sometime in the future, but for now it is folded and just waiting for the right cause to come along.


5. Ok I had some issues with my long arm this quarter, plus I think that the summer heat just got too me.  So I did get 6 quilts quilted, but one I've not been able to show because the pattern hasn't been release as of yet.  My favorite is my cupid shuffle, which I simply love.  I've had the pattern and fabric for about a year, and it is finally off of the to-do list.


6.  I got two more tops completed, Cupid Shuffle and Snow Lads (can't show yet), and Sharla got two more as well, Texas and Box Trot.  I'm hoping that I get some more quilting done as the weather cools off for Fall.

7. Organizing my fabric stash.  I'm so happy to say this is about 90% done.  I have it divided into two sections.  One holds JoAnns and Hobby Lobby fabrics, mostly bought on sale.  I used this to test blocks, as well as make some smaller quilts.  They are also good for dog bed covers. The second cabinet has doors on it and it houses all of my quilt shop fabrics.  If it was bought as kit or fat quarter bundle I kept it together, otherwise it is just wrapped on comic boards.  Now in both cases I need to do some re-arranging by color, but it is so much better than it was.


8. Organize my sewing area.  I have done this about three times over the last quarter.  I'm sure I will always be tweaking it.  But for the most part I'm pretty happy with what I have done.  I have my tools that I use all the time in a pencil cup beside my machine, my ironing/cutting table beside me. My biggest thing now is to figure out how contain scraps as I cut.  My cutting table is only a TVtray so not much space on it.  It ends up on my sewing table and that needs to stop.

9.  I have gotten some quilts onto my ladders.  They are still not displayed as I would want, but Hollywood is still in his chewing stage and I'm not about to let him get to those ladders.

10. Major clean done for this quarter.  I am happy to say I'm doing much better on cleaning up after each project, actually I've started trying to spend at least a couple of hours on my weekend days cleaning and it has really helped.

Ok that is pretty much it. I'm going to link up with The Littlest Thistle  and here is my original post with my list of goals (HERE).  I think I accomplished at least 1 goal fully and that makes me happy. And I just want to say thanks to Katy for doing the linky party.  It really helps me to write out my goals and I think I get more done because of it. The accountability really keeps me on track!!!!!  

6 comments:

  1. You did better than I did. My kitchen curtains still are not done and they started out on my Q1 goals! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vibrancy of your Texas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric organization looks great! You are inspiring me to get some organization to mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your organized sewing area looks great - and your finishes. Don't beat yourself up - at least you had goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a heap of things done! Don't be too hard on yourself – sewing should be fun.
    The chewing stage is deadly. Even when you think they are past it, they have relapses. Keep that ladder safe for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finishes! (You did better than me ;o) )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!