Friday, January 10, 2014

Setting Goals....

I wish every goal I set was so quickly accomplished.  Just 5 days ago I set the goal of having my yellow and black quilt done by the end of the month and here it is 5 short days later and I'm done.  To be honest I was done two days ago.  Now I will be the first to admit since the top was already loaded on to the frame, I was a good way towards completion, but it has been quilted and bound.  And I think pretty much claimed, since Hollywood is sleeping on it and Sharla is sleeping under it.  I want to wash it so it gets that crinkled look and so I can get some of the dog hair off of it, but that will happen next Monday when I am off next. I've not gotten it onto my quilt ladder yet, because I wanted to wash it first and because Hollywood claimed it.  I'm even noting this as a Friday Finish (something I've never done before now).

It is not quite a queen size, but pretty close, it almost covers Sharla bed.  I didn't get too close because the quilting is not that great, but this one does show the dog hair and some of the quilting.  :)


And last but not least you can see the backing I chose.  It is just the yellow with the leaves in it.  I picked it because they had enough of it, and I thought it looked pretty good.  I used Signature cotton 11 Bamboo as the thread, it has a green tint, but looks good on this yellow too.

After it is washed I will try and get better shots of it outside in some good light.  But this is as good as I could get on a Friday night, when I was pretty tired.  

I've decided I need another goal for this month, so I've decided that I want to have another top quilted and bound by the end of the month.  I've picked what I call my grey/gold/cream bricks.  Yes I have such a wonderful imagination with names.  I have the fabric for the back, but still need to piece it.  So this is a little more of a challenge. Here is what it looks like right now, with the backing fabric.  It needs to be ironed and the threads all trimmed. I like the colors of this one a little better, but it is still a little muted for me.  You know me I'm a wild and crazy girl. 



I've also gone through the process of trying to list out every UFO I have.  Boy was that an eye opener. Between Sharla and I we have almost 60 projects on the list.  Now 23 of those are tops that have been completed but not quilted and a handful more that are almost finished.   So my second goal for this month is to get all my completed tops organized and put with the backing fabric for them.  If all goes well, maybe I will get one or two more tops quilted this month.  The brick quilt should go fairly fast because I'm going to do a simple ribbon pattern on it.  If I complete it quickly then I want to add the blue batik charm square quilt that Sharla pieced.  It is her Cooper memorial quilt and I know she would like to get it done.

Today, we are hooking up with……Confessions of a Fabric AddictLink a Finish Friday, and Crazy Mom Quilts.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your finish. I love that flower print in the middle of the blocks. I hope you can reach more of your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!