Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 January Goals

I have decided to try and do "A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014" hosted by Shanna Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs.  Last year several of the blogs I follow were doing this and I thought it was great, but could never convince myself to participate.  But hey, it's not like I go to jail if I don't complete a goal, and setting goals makes me get more done.  And I have a lot to do this year.

For January, my goal is to complete my yellow and black quilt.  I made this quilt expressly as a practice quilt to use when we got the long arm quilter.  I will say it is not my favorite quilt ever, I liked the colors when I bought them, but somehow that like faded as I worked with them.  I have loaded it onto the machine, but somehow just haven't started on it.  I'm hoping this gets the mojo going.  My goal is to quilt it, bind it and hang it on my cool new quilt ladder that I got for Christmas from my wonderful brother and sister-in-law.


Some was quite happy that I put a large quilt on the frame, because that meant the batting hung down and being the blankie boy that he is, he immediately headed for it and was snoring within moments. He wasn't happy when I made him move and picked up all the excess and put it on a box.  But he quickly found his way to the bed I have for him under the frame and was snoring again.


I have lots more on my list for January, I want to do several of the economy blocks for the #economyblockalong going on Instagram.  I also need to begin de-boning some shirts to start memory quilts for a friend and her children. And that doesn't even begin to touch the stash of quilt tops I have ready or the UFOs on my list.  But for now I will be happy to complete one quilt.  Hopefully since I still have most of the month I can do it.  Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!