Monday, February 15, 2010

Template Temptations

Ok, I've only been digital scrapbooking for about a year, and when I first started, I saw templates and thought why would I want to use those, but I've learned they are such a cool tool. They can help you get a page done quickly, but they can also be a great starting point for a layout. You can add or subtract from a template, even mix them if you want. And today I'm going to show you two sets of templates by Digi Designs by Nicole. She just released a new set called Template Temptation Vol. 6, but I don't show where I ever showed ya'll her set called Template Temptation Vol. 5, so today is like a two for one.

My first layout is using her newest set, and I really liked the wide border on this template. It uses a collab kit by Nibble Scribbles and Scrap N Pieces called My Life. The subject is of course by Tucker boy. The great part of templates is you can use them over and over with different kits and they look different.

My second layout uses a Vol. 6 template as well and features my friend's daughter Angela. I used Nicole's kit Splendid Moments on this layout. I love how the photos are off the edges. Also, I got this layout done in about 20 minutes, and most of that time was deciding on the kit and photos.

Now for a layout using her Vol. 5 set. The photos are Tina and Donna, two friends while we were chatting at Starbucks. We all worked together, but Donna and I were laid off last year. But we still stay in touch. Hopefully we'll be getting together again soon...it is always such fun. I like this template because of all of the layers.

My last layout is also using a template from her Vol. 5 and the photos were from a snow day in early December. If you look at the tree photo you'll see that the tree still has fall color. The snow only lasted a short time, but it was pretty. Who knew within a very short time we'd have a record snowfall...more layouts about that later.

Head over to Stuff To Scrap and pick up Template Temptation Vol. 6 and/or Template Temptation Vol. 5. Or really any of her template packs, I have them all and they are all great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!