Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dusty Rose

Dusty Rose sounds like a country and western singer to me, but it isn't, well at least not in this blog post. It is a new kit by ModernJune Creations and it is so very very pretty. The colors are muted soft roses, tans and creams, and it does have a little western feel to it, or maybe it would be better to say aged feel.

I've done two layouts with it and I have to say they are some of my most favorites. The first is Callie on a carosel horse. I recolored the photo to match the tones in the papers and I think it really makes it pop. The kit comes with two alphas and both are great, but I love the one I used here.

My next layout is Callie and Cole and I love it, but it was sort of a weird process. The color overlay, should have just muted the colors to a brown tone, but for some reason it made Callie's eyes appear very blue, Cole's too, but his are more blue. I really like the papers in the kit, they were such fun to use.

So head over to Pretty Scrappy and pick up Dusty Rose soon. I'll be back tomorrow with another kit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!