Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday, Dec. 28th

Ok, they say it may snow again...this is TEXAS snow three times in December is just wrong!!! It has been fun because it is snow not ice, but I'm ready for a little bit of Texas style winter (cool, but not freezing). Ok, I'm back for the third day in a row...woohoo... to show you more layouts. I have about 20 just on my jump drive, but I won't post them all today. I think I have more on my machine at home, and I am determined to clear them all out before the first of the year. We'll see how well I do.

Ok, first up is a layout I did of Cole. It was for a quote challenge, and the quote was "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind". For some reason that quote just screamed Cole to me. He is such a goof at times and he doesn't care who knows. The photos are of him with a pink pillow on his head, he said it made him look like some character from a video game. I love the grin on his face.

Next is a layout I did for a template challenge and used photos of Zoey. She had just been groomed, so her little face was just so cute. She does not like her photo being taken, I think it is the flash, and if Mom wasn't holding her, I think she would have just walked away. You can see she isn't thrilled with the process.

Ok the next layout is Zoey as well. It was done with what is called a blind SS, which is basically a speed scrap, where they give you all the instructions at once and you try to make your layout match the leaders as close as possible, but you can't ask questions. If was a little different, I don't normally ask questions, but I'm not normally trying to match someone's layout either. I like the results even if mine didn't match too close.

Now for a favorite of mine. I did it for the Halloween Past contest at Digi Scrapbook Mania. It is what we fondly call the Callie's "Nurse Big Butt" costume. She had some cute costumes over the years, but this is one of my favorites.

Ok next is another speed scrap over the Halloween weekend (yeah I know I'm late posting these). It is Tucker Joe in a lion's suit. I got a Sweet Pea, Lion, and Devil costumes this year and we took all the babies in them (well not the devil it was too big). It wasn't too happy about the hood, but he didn't fight the costume (I think because it fits like his harness).

Now for a Cooper layout, I can't show you two without throwing in the silver darling. I did this layout as a speed scrap as well. The leader had you download the template to use and I really like how it came out. I think because it shows his head tilt so well. He is so funny when you talk to him, he'll tilt his head like he is really listening to you.

Now for a generic layout. There are some wire (iron or whatever) horse in the Colony, that I saw on flickr one day, so Sharla and I tracked down where there were located. I want to go back at sunset sometime, but I liked the daytime photos too.

The next challenge was different, it was a telephone challenge. The first person created a layout and sent it to the second person who scraplifted it and then sent their layout to the third person and so on. I was about 8 in a chain of 12. When it was over the leader showed everyone layouts, and it was so funny to see the first to the last and how much they changed. Just like in the telephone game, the more people it passed through the more it changes. The photos are Callie taken this summer, she has such a beautiful smile.

Next is another Zoey layout. It was done for a speed scrap and she is wearing the sweet pea costume. I like this layout, but it is not one of my favorites. I couldn't get the elements to work like I wanted. I was trying to use a specific kit and it just didn't click for me. It's not bad, just not my favorite.

Ok this is one of grumpy dog, otherwise known as Cooper. He was not happy. I did a technique where you copy the layer and make the top layer b/w and then selectively erase to bring some color through (on this one it is the orange stripe). I really like this technique, but never think about it when I'm creating. It is only done here because it was part of the instructions for the speed scrap.

And the last one for today is Tucker in the pumpkin patch. Again this was for a speed scrap, and it is one of my favorites. I love simple layouts where the photos really pop and I think this one does just that.

Ok that gets about half of the ones on my jump drive posted. Tomorrow may have to be a long post as well. But once I get caught up, then hopefully they won't back up this badly again...I said Hopefully!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!