Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friday, Dec. 18th

That Christmas train is coming it is rolling around the bend...and it is gathering speed. I hope ya'll all have your shopping done, presents wrapped and are just enjoying the season...me I'm a little behind this year, but I make (or so I tell myself).

Today I have 2 different kits to show you. The first is by Mad Genius Designs called Pretty Cozy. The kit is full of pretty items, and since Jewel let me pick the kit, I just couldn't resist it. The colors are very homey to me, they are just plain cozy (hehehe), and the elements are cute, and fun to use.

My first layout is Mecca and MawMaw taken on Thanksgiving day. They were just sitting on the love seat chatting, after dinner. I think if things were a little quieter Mecca would have taken a nap, it was just that kind of day. I love the scalloped edge paper that came in the kit and I just had to use it.

My next layout is of Honey the newest member to the clan. She is Callie's new dog and the bond between them has grown strong very quickly. She is a beautiful German Shepard, and I love this photo of her. I also like the purples and greens in the kit and I really just had to use them together.

My last layout with this kit I did for the font challenge at Stuff to Scrap Forum. I like the font it's called Joe's Hand, and I really like this layout. It is Sharla and Zoey, on Thanksgiving day. I'm not sure Zoey was entirely happy, I think she really just wanted to take a nap too. But it is a great picture of Sharla.


The next kit is a collaboration by Digi Designs by Nicole and Stolen Moments. This kit also has purple and greens, but as you will see it is very different. This kit is called U-Da-Bomb and was really fun to use. I had not thought about needing a bomb element in the past, but this kit has a couple, so I thought ok let's see how I can use them.

The first layout is Callie, because she is "The Bomb". She has this face that she makes all the time for photos, and this picture captured it perfectly. So I cropped Sharla out of the picture (sorry Shar Shar) and then I used the one of Nicole's templates from her Template Temptations Vol. 1 and you can find it in the Stuff to Scrap Store. It was really fun to work those bombs into the layout.

My next layout is Callie and Cole taken Thanksgiving day. They were posing for photos and this is the last one before they started to horse around. I'm sure I'll have layouts of those photos soon, but I love this picture. They actually look so grown up, it makes me smile and tear up at the same time.

Ok two great kits, both available at the Stuff to Scrap Store and both great kits to have and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!