Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Finish - 03/31/17

Well Sharla finished her Strip Box - Summerfest flimsy last Sunday. So that makes three finishes for her so far this year. She is even planning on trying for 2 in May since she will have a long weekend. Strip Box is a pattern by Frivolous Necessity and is a jelly roll pattern. But she didn't exactly follow the pattern. It is supposed to be random strips framing a rail fence, but she had in her mind it was supposed to all of the same fabric framing. So it doesn't really match the pattern, but it is still really pretty.


We had an added issue that she started this quilt before her eyes were fixed and although she didn't have to re-sew any seams, we found that she was taking a larger 1/4" seam before than she is now. So once all the blocks were made I squared them up for her. She love Fig Tree & Co. fabric and we laugh about this one being from her orange phase.


The fabrics are very pretty and she loves it.  The quilt is supposed to be 84" x 96", but since I had to trim about 1/4" off of each block, I'm guessing it is about two inches shorter all around.  I forgot to measure it to know the exact size. We carried it in the car for a week waiting for the wind to die down or it to not be raining, and it took until yesterday for that to happen. We had a couple of pretty big storms this week, in fact Sunday night we had some major hail. Enough that we will most likely need a new roof. And so we avoided laying the quilt on the ground for as long as possible so it could dry up some and even then we had to deal with some wind issues. But it wasn't as bad as last week.


We've already pulled Sharla's April project, that we call Big Blue Flowers. It is the only fabric that Hollywood has ever really reacted too, and for some reason he loves the backing fabric for the project. Every time we have it out he is all over it.  So I think in the end it will end up being his quilt, but maybe she won't share (hahah...he has her eating out of his paw). I made some progress already on my April project, so I might even get two projects done (I know wishful thinking, but I believe in dreaming big. For now I'm linking up with  Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict,  Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. So sorry to hear about your roof from the hail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the orange in Sharla's quilt -- it makes it sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt, the oranges make it sparkle. Looks like Hollywood is going to be a lucky dog in April--can't wait to see his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fig Tree fabric collections and this pattern really shows them off nicely! We just had hail last week and while our roof is okay, it punched over a dozen holes in our siding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful quilt and I love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love those fabrics and the pattern looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!