1. Today is my niece's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLIE!! Callie is one of a kind...she gets that from me (hehehe). And I'm always thankful that she is a part of my life. She always makes me laugh. This will be her last birthday as a single girl, she gets married next month. Here she is on day 1 and at Christmas this year.
2. Next I'm thankful that we got both the van and the stove I talked about last week. I'm still getting used to the van, it has many more bells and whistle then the old one. I will say I'm loving being able to change the volume or radio channel from the steering wheel. And as much as I love it, Hollywood isn't as happy. He has to ride in the back seat on the way to daycare, and he wants to be up front. He did like that I can roll the windows down back there and he can ride with his face in the wind. And as far as the stove goes, I got both brownies and mac-n-cheese this weekend, so I was very happy. Here is the car before this weeks rains, it still looks all shiny and clean.
3. Lots of pretty fabric. I haven't gotten to sew much in the last week and that makes me sad. But then I need something from my sewing room and I go in and see lots of pretty fabric, and I know that I will get to sew something fun soon. I bought the bundle below from my LQS several months ago. They had the same fabrics made into a quilt. I loved the colors but not the pattern, so I thought I would use them in my cross quilt. But I just can't cut them yet. I love looking at them. And when I am too swamped to sew I will pick some pretties like these and just set on my desk so I can dream of sewing again.
4. Music. I love to sing, the world however doesn't love to hear me. So I often sing in the car, at my desk or while sewing. I like just about any song with a good beat. I love when a song has a line in that I will use over and over. Now I have two songs recently that have been that way for me. The first is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson with Bruno Mars. Love that song, but really love the line "Smoother than a fresh jar of skippy".
The second is Biscuits by Kasey Musgraves. I will admit I love all the words to this one, but the chorus is simply great. I just can't help myself I just have to sing along!!
Just hoe your own row, yeah, and raise your own babiesSmoke your own smoke and grow your own daisiesMend your own fences and own your own crazyMind your own biscuits and life will be gravyMind your own biscuits and life will be gravy
5. Lastly for today, I'm very thankful for Amazon Prime. I hate shopping, and today alone I have 5 or 6 things that I needed to get. I would have had to go to at least 3 if not 4 stores to get them all. But I went to Amazon, they had everything I needed and with Prime everything will be her Saturday or Monday at the latest. Plus I could comparison shop while on line to make sure I was getting a good deal and I didn't have to deal with crowds, lines or cranky checkout people. Now if I could just grocery shop on line I would be set, but I just don't trust someone else to pick out my bananas. I'm just happy that I didn't have to make 4 stops today when I go to pick up Sharla.
Well that wraps up my thankful list for this week. I hope each of you has lots to be thankful about as well. And if you want to share, check out Quilting Jetgirl's Quilty Thankful Thursday. I will be posting there today.