I put off cutting the shirts for a long time. It was a real mental block for me. I was most afraid of messing them up and disappointing my friend. So they sat in this stage, while I fretted and tried to figure out the best way to go about cutting them.
Then I sat down one night and began cutting them into parts. I cut the sleeves off, then the fronts and backs, stripping off yokes, cuffs, collars and button plackets. Those pieces went into a bucket for me to worry about later. I'm going to use them to make some string blocks for the labels. When I was done I had this.
I'm about 1/4 to 1/3 done, because the tote on the right was jammed full when I started. I'm hoping to keep cutting some every night until I'm done. Once that is done then I can start dividing them into four piles so everyone gets some of each shirt.
My other goals for May were to get more quilts finished. I am happy to say that I quilted five quilts this month. I even tried out my ruler base....didn't have much success with it, but will try again. I've blogged about 4 of the quilts. Which include Star Crossed, which is the one I used a ruler to quilt and it is being slept on nightly by Tucker.
Then I did Sharla's batik quilt, which is one of my favorites to date. It is bright and colorful and just makes me smile. I think she would have it on her bed if it were big enough.
Then I did Sharla's Turning Twenty High Street. This line of fabric is great, the colors are bright and cheerful. I think that is why we both loved it. I told her I put it on the ground to take a picture and she wasn't thrilled, but she was ok with it.
Then number four was my Every Which Way quilt, which I'm donating to Quilts of Compassion. I have to say I love the quilts so much more once they have been washed and get all scrunchy!!! I'm hoping this makes some little girl very happy.
I've not blogged about my last quilt, that will be tomorrow. But here is a photo of it while it was still on the frame. It is Sharla's sock monkey quilt. She is really loving it and hopefully I will get some great pictures of it for tomorrow's blog.
I did have one more goal and that was to get another quilt cut. I was only partially successful on that one. I did get one cut out, but I can't show you because it is a gift. I got my PB&J pressed and starched, to cut, but it is still on the ironing board. If all goes well I maybe able to cut it this weekend. Overall I'm very happy with my progress. Could I have done more, sure, but I'm not in a race. I've had fun and that is really all that matters.