Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday, August 19th

Well I have done several layouts over the last week or so, but for some reason, I've not posted any of them. I think I got a little burned out when Sharla and I did a mad scrapbook for Mom's trip. We had to adjust all of our existing layouts to 6 x 6 and 300 dpi to print them for her, plus I think we did about 10 layouts each to add to the book. And we did that all in a weekend. But enough about that, I think Mom and Cole are having a good time, and hopefully taking some pictures.

Ok for my layouts, first is one I did this week for a speed scrap. It is a picture of Daddy and all of his brothers and sisters. I really liked how it came out, but I need to find out from family what the date of the picture was. I think they look nice, spiffy even.

Now for another speed scrap I did. The challenge was to select a photo where you could put something in the person's hand. I picked a photo of Callie, Tom and Cathy on Labor Day weekend 2007. Cathy wasn't holding a drink in the original photo, I added that. I think it looks pretty good and it was a fun learning experience for me.

Next is a layout I did for a font challenge at
Digi Scrapbook Mania and I used a template from Modern June Creations to do it as well as her kit Boys Team, which both can be bought at the shop at Digi Scrapbook Mania.

Now for a layout of Cole. He was over at the house mowing the lawn and when it was time for him to go home, he drove. We stopped at Sonic and I couldn't resist snapping some photos. He was happy to drive, not so happy to pose for the photos.

A couple of weeks ago one of our co-volunteers at church was complaining because he had to leave directly from church to catch a plane and wouldn't get a Sunday afternoon nap. Sharla volunteered to take a nap for him. She was laying down with Cooper and I pulled the camera out and snapped some photos so she could show Brent she napped for him. I'm sure he'll be impressed (hehehe).


The next layout is a simple one I did of Tucker. When I posted it to the gallery one of the comments laughed that he had a middle name. I love the colors of this layout.

Ok the last layout for today is another speed scrap. I love the colors of this kit, it is called Kickin' It by Digi Designs by Nicole. I think it is designed to be a "girls" cowboy kit, but I think it work fine for my boys.

That is it for today, I'll post more later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!