It is time to gear up and get somethings done. I have a big list this month of things I need to get done and I'm going to do my best to get everything done early in the month...yeah right. But I want to get lots done. I'm going to change things up a little this month because I have several projects that I have to make progress on, so those will be tops on my list. And of course the first item is always my main goal for the month.
1. Dog Gone Cute Quilt. I have to finish it because my blog day is the 20th. The blocks are done, but the real issue is going to be my long arm is going into the shop on Monday and I won't have it for at least a week. So everything has to be ready the minute I get it back to get this done.
2. Trey and Jess's tree skirt. I want to have the top pieced. I need to give it to them at Thanksgiving at the latest so I need that top pieced. It isn't large, so I just need to push myself to work on it.
3. Bee Blocks. Now these are important, I've not missed a month yet and I want to continue on that path. The blocks this month are really cool and I've never done either of them, so that is fun. For the Bee Hive block I'm doing Checkered and for the Stash Bee I'm doing a My Favorite Star block.
4. Midnight Mystery QAL. We are doing a courthouse square block for this month that looks to be very simple and straight forward. My plan is to get it done while my long arm is gone and I have to focus on piecing.
5. Turning Twenty BOM. There will be two more blocks this month, both done in 12" and 6" versions. I'm having fun doing these, because I'm not done a lot of star blocks in the past. Some I really love others not so much, but I'm learning and doing new things which is important.
6. Callie and Beau's Wedding Quilt. I got the blocks back this week, so it is time to start piecing the top. But first I have to layout it out so that I get a good mix of signed blocks and blank blocks. And that should be easier starting next week because I ordered a movable design wall.
7. Tic Tac Toe Blocks. I have seven cut and I want to get those sewn this month. I'm not going to work on my cross blocks or flying geese blocks, so that I have time for other projects. But if things slow down I might cut some of both of those for next month.
8. Memory Quilts. They don't come off my list until they are done.
9. Sharla's Box Trot Quilt. I want to get it quilted. We purchased a wool batting for this one, and I want to see how warm it is so I know if I want to do a couple more wool ones this winter.
10. Revamp the sewing room. I know I'm always doing this, but it is always in a constant state of change. But I've decided that I want to change my sewing table out for and Ikea one and add a drawer unit for storage and I would like to get that done this month.
October is going to be a busy month, so I have got to get my game plan down and really concentrate on the projects I need to complete. I hope that everything is done and checked off by October 31st, but I'm self aware enough to know it won't be. I'll settle for getting most of it done. Today I am linking up with Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shannon of Fiber of All Sorts.