1. Giveaways. A while ago I won a giveaway from Jen at Quilter in the Closet. The prize was a custom made mini quilt. We talked about ones she had done and what colors I liked and then I just told her to surprise me and that was the right decision. I opened my mailbox on Monday to find the cutest and I do mean cutest mini, along with some charm squares and chocolate...what could be better. I knew I would want to hang it in my sewing room, so I told her to include teals/aquas, and then purples and pinks. I've seen the foxes around, and keep saying I wanted to get the pattern to make some for myself, but now I have some of my own. I can't thank Jen enough for such a great gift.
2. Sales. My local quilt shop had a sale last weekend, 25% off of everything. And although Sharla and I don't need any new projects we thought we would go look for backing fabric for 4 different quilts we have on our to-do list, plus some added fabric for a project for Sharla. I love the store, it always has things I like, and Saturday was no exception. We found the backing and added fabric for Sharla's quilt, I found several fat quarters for my cross quilt, we got 2 patterns, a book and little pop-up trash cans. It was fun, but I wasn't feeling great, so we tried to make it quick. Here are the fat quarters I got.
3. Cool Spring Day. Normally at the end of May the temperature runs high 80's to low 90's, but today it is supposed to barely hit 70 degrees. Since I know that it will soon be hotter than blazes around here, I'm just going to be thankful for the cool day and try to be outside in it as much as possible. It is also supposed to rain more today, which is getting a little old. Here is a pic of our local lake and yes that is a covered picnic table that is underwater.
4. Feeling Better. I ended up going to the doctor on Friday of last week. I just was just feeling yucky and couldn't shake it. The doctor gave me a round of antibiotics, and that has helped some. I think the main problem is allergies and with all the rain everything is blooming more this year. I take allergy medicine every day, I just don't think it could fight it all. But my sore throat is much better, I'm coughing less, and feeling better. So for that I'm grateful.
5. Holiday Weekends. I can not tell you how much I'm looking forward to a three day weekend. I plan on sewing, sleeping, eating, and then repeating that again and again. If all goes well, I might not even leave my house on Sunday and Monday. I'm sure for some that would sound like no fun, but for me it would be great. In fact I think this is going to be my plan.
So that is my list for this week. I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.