Hello all, I'm hope everyone is having a wonderful week. It's time for my list of thankful items. I will admit that I struggled this week, not because I have no reasons to be thankful, but because I just generally grumpy this week. But I know the best time to list out what I'm thankful about is when I grumpy, because it helps me focus on the good.
1. Sharla's eyesight. We went back to see the eye specialist on Tuesday and her eyesight is getting better. The swelling in her left eye is down about 50%, and since the shot should last 7-8 weeks, they decided to give her a shot in her right eye to get the swelling in it down. She was actually able to see some of the letters on the eye chart with her left eye. We go back in three weeks for them to check again. Here is a photo of her at her first appointment, I call it her pirate photos.
2. No Bad Storm Damage. Sunday morning we woke up to storms, and threats of flash floods. I had to run into the office because a sever was down, and it was raining but not bad. Then in the afternoon the warning sirens started sounding. I turned on the TV and the weatherman was saying if you live in Denton take cover. So I got Sharla and the little dogs into the pantry, woke up my nephew Cole and told him to take the big dog into his bathroom. Then I went out on the porch to see what was happening. Sharla wasn't thrilled at that, but I just couldn't sit and wait. I made sure she was safe, since she is slower moving. They are saying a tornado touched down about 2 1/2 miles from us, but we only lost a few shingles. So I'm very thankful for that. We had to run an errand when it was over and we checked out a local creek that was and is way over it's banks.
3. My Job. Ok to be honest I've not been very thankful about it or for it this week. I spent most of my days off working doing stupid stuff because others are so unorganized. But in reality I'm very thankful that one I have a job and two it lets me be flexible enough to take Sharla to the doctors when needed. I was once told that I should be thankful for the hard things in life because they will make me appreciate the easy things. This week has been hard, so hopefully next week will be easy.
4. New Books. I rarely buy book books these days, I always seem to buy electronic ones to read on my ipad. But I recently got an email about a sale of real live books and I couldn't resist picking up a couple. I just need the time to sit down and read them.
5. Fabric. I'm always grateful for fabric, because I love it so much. But I've not gotten anything new, insert sad face here. But then I realized I had never shown ya'll this fabric. When I saw the previews of Fresh Cut by Basic Grey, I knew it would be a line that I would want. The colors are so pretty and it has great prints in it. I'm not sure what I'm making with this bundle, but for now I'll just be happy looking at it.
Now if I can get some actual sewing time I will be very very thankful. But this is my list for this week and I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.