Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes: February Finished

It was a short month but I still got lots of things done. I'm very content with where I ended up for the month. But I'm always hoping for more, guess I'm just a little greedy.  So let's see what I did get done.

My first goal was the blocks for Callie and Beau's signature quilt. All of the blocks are cut, 70% are sewn and 50% are trimmed and ready to go. I'm so happy with them, they are bright and cheerful and I think they will be very happy with the results. I'm going to trim the pomegranate ones tonight and hopefully get the coral ones done on Monday/Tuesday. I still want to tape the white edges with painters tape so people don't sign in the seam allowance, but that will be easy enough.


The second goal was to complete all of my bee blocks for this month and they all went into the mail on Thursday. So they weren't early, but they weren't late either. I did union jack flags for Carla for the Compass Quilters Bee, and I struggled a little at first but was able to figure it out and get three for her.  I also sent her the one that was a little short, in case she could use it. And I was able to use some of my bluebonnet fabric since the blocks were red, white and blue.


I also got Meghan's fish blocks done for Stash Bee. I made them and then realized I sewed them wrong and messed them up when I was trying to fix them, so I just cut new ones and these look much better.


And lastly for my Bee Hive queen Barbara I made a Tic Tac Toe block.  Her color choices of dark purple, light purple and white were awesome, because I love those colors.  I had an issue with the points on my test block, but I asked for advice from the group and it really helped.


I did finish quilting the memory quilt on the frame and started piecing the next one.  I need to focus more on those and will do so in March.  I've just done a little more selfish sewing this month.  Still can't show them, because I want them to be a surprise.

I didn't make my last goal at all, nope not anything. But it will get done at some point.

I did do lots of selfish sewing and got lots of my cross blocks done, and you can see them in my post tomorrow.  For a short month a lot was accomplished, and I'm happy about it.  For today I'm linking up with  Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You got a LOT done. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had a really productive month! I hope you can keep the momentum going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blocks you made, Shauna! I promise to treasure them!
    This month, I have three sets of bee blocks to make too, starting today. I have already pulled a pile of tiny fussy cuts for Tanyia's polaroids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! I love your purple x block. I think I might be obsessed by purple as it so hard to find fabrics in this colour I like!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!