If you follow me on Instagram you know that I had some success and some failure this week on my sewing challenge. I did sew/prep at least 30 minutes every day on my cross blocks. I had planned on kicking off my sewing on Sunday during the Superbowl, but ended up cutting fabric, which was a great help for the week, because I pretty much had enough to keep me busy. Then the rest of the week I worked on sewing and ironing. First I completed the 20 from January that I started and then I went to work on a new batch of a little more than 20.
All went well until yesterday, when I had hoped to finish last weeks batch. But alas I sewed the wrong side of the rows together in 2/3 of the blocks, which meant ripping and sewing again. I did that last night and got the blocks sewn but not ironed. This morning I ironed them and completed 25 blocks. Here are a few of the completed blocks.
This morning I counted and I have 80 blocks, which includes bee blocks I've received so far from the Compass Quilters, the 20ish for January, the sample blocks I made and the 26 I did this week. That means I'm just over 25% done....yeah. I also cut out more blocks this week at different times when I had a spare moment or two. So I'm hoping to get another 25 blocks done this week, although I think I'm going to have to find a different container to hold my completed blocks.
I got the lid on, but just barely. I also did a count of how many of each color I have. I want the colors to be some what balanced. Not exactly the same number in every color but not 100 pink and 15 of each other color. I am already seeing a trend...with 20 pink, 13 purple, 12 blue, 9 yellow, 7 green, 7 red, 7 brown/black and 5 orange. But I'm not concerned because most of the blocks I did last week were using scraps from my Looking Glass quilt which was pink and corals. I do need to get some more orange into the mix.
I'm excited about next weeks blocks because I got my Tula Pink Moonshine bundle and started cutting it. I love those fabrics so much that I just had to add some to this quilt. Right now I count scraps from 11 quilts that are going into this quilt and there could be more before I'm done.
I am linking up with Sarah at Berry Barn Designs Week 1. It is not too late to join in and do some selfish sewing this month.