Since I don't have much experience with paper piecing I decided that I needed to do a test block, and I am so glad I did. The pattern is very straight forward and the block went together very quickly, and the points matched. But Houston we have a problem. I measured it and it is about 1/8 inch short on all sides. Just enough that it would be an issue.
So pretty, yet so wrong. A couple of the others in the Bee had similar problems and they fixed it by not trimming the outside edge until the block was assembled. So I printed another foundation and started again. I will say it is so fun to get something where my points look good. The second piece worked great, I trimmed it to the exact 5 1/2 inches it needed to be.
So today I'm going to print out the foundations for my real blocks and hopefully get to work on them this weekend. I'm loving the ones I'm seeing created by my other Bee-mates. I can't wait to see the blocks/quilt finished.
I also finished my quadrant three of my #TexasRoadTripQAL and have about 1/3 of quadrant four laid out on my cutting board. I'm going to paper piece a star for Austin, and then the rest is pretty straight forward.
As long as I don't have too many of these this week...
I'm hoping to get my Watkins Star quilted and bound as well as my Bee blocks done. They have to be mailed far far away, and want to get them in the mail asap. I am anxious to make some progress this week. I am linking up with Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday @ Richard and Tanya Quilts, TGIFF...at Quilts Matter, Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts, Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation and Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studio.