Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can it be a bad year already???

Ok so far 2011 is not the best year I've ever had. New Year's Eve was spent in the ER with Sharla, she has congestive heart failure...yeah you read that right. I had all these great plans to post out a lot of my layouts on New Year's Day, and over the next couple days, while I was off. But that all went by the wayside. She is feeling better, but they still have her in the hospital, and we're hoping she gets to come home tomorrow.

I have a massive amount of layouts to show you, ok maybe not massive, but enough that I want to get them out of my to do box. Today I'm going to focus on layouts I created for Challenges at Polka Dot Plum. The first up is a photo of Trey, Callie and Cole, taken a couple of years ago. The kit is Christmas Treasures by Charm City Scraps. It was done for a word art challenge and Tobi Dawne did the word art.

Next up is one of Zoey I did for a font challenge, the font was called Font Moochers and I really liked it. Zoey is in my pillows and not happy that I brought the camera out...thus the title.

Now for a Christmas time tradition at our house. Well actually at our pet store. They have a Santa for the babies. This was last year, and it was a real challenge getting three into and out of the store. This year we took Cole along for support. The kit used is Glittery Christmas by Sugar Pie Scraps.

Next is photos from Aunt Jean's birthday party. We all had a great time, and she was very surprised. I used a kit and template by Jen C Designs.

Ok I've discovered photo treatments and am having lots of fun playing with the free ones I've found. My favorite is one called 70's that gives the photos a look like something from the 70's. I did it on this photo of Cooper, it is not the best example, but I really like the effect.

I used the same treatment on this photo of Tucker. It lightens the photo and washes the color just a bit. Which I really think is cool (maybe because I remember the 70s). The kit I'm used on this one is called A Dog Says Woof by Roseytoes Designs.

Here is one I did of Sharla, the photo was taken last spring. I'm not sure I'll ever get her to go back and pose there again, because afterwards I found a baby possum in one of my photos right where she had been standing.

Now for a couple of older photos. This is Callie and Cole playing on the couch. She was tickling him with her fingers and hair and the more he laughed the more she did. Sharla was having a hard time hanging on to him.

I've had many people tell me that if they believed in reincarnation, they would want to come back as one of my dogs. Ok my babies are a little spoiled. Here is Tucker, as he watched me getting dressed one morning. You can see he leads a really tough life.

The last one for now, is Sharla and Cooper. I did it for a lyric challenge, but I only pull a couple of words to use. I love this kit by Secret Stash called The Way That I Am. It works for so many things.

I will try to be back tomorrow with more. I really want to get my stash cleared out and then blog on a more regular basis. Keep Sharla in your thoughts and prayers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!