Saturday, June 3, 2017

One Monthly Goal - June Goal

So far this year I've completed 5 out of 5 of my one monthly goals, and Sharla has finished 4 out of 5 of hers. That means we are doing pretty good. This month I'm thinking we will be in good shape to finish our goals.

My goal is Hollywood's zombie quilt. I don't like zombies, and normally wouldn't pick out zombie fabrics for a quilt. But Cole calls Hollywood his zombie apocalypse dog, because Hollywood will protect him in the event of a zombie apocalypse. So when I found zombie fabric on sale, I just couldn't resist. It was only a 9 FQ pack, so to maximize the size I'm just doing sashed blocks. Here is a mock up what I'm doing.


I got started on mine over the Memorial Day weekend, I have all the rows pieced together and just have to do the horizontal sashing and the outer border. So I think I will be finished in plenty of time.

Sharla is going to work on Bristro, which is the same goal she had for last month. It is her oldest project and she wants it off the books. I think she would have gotten it done last month, but she couldn't decide on a pattern. She went back and forth on which one to do. Then she got sick a couple of times during the month and tackling a big project was just something she didn't want to do. But she is feeling better and she picked a pattern, so this is the month that Bistro gets cut and pieced. She chose the pattern Cheaper by the Dozen, which I think is a great choice.


Last month we had an additional goal of finishing a second flimsy each, but we didn't get that done. But we did start the #100days100block2017, and are keeping current with that project. Overall I'm happy with what we've accomplished and I'm pretty confident we will finish both of these flimsys this month. I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal. If you want to see what others are doing check out her linky party.


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like the hard part for Sharla is over and I hope she feels better this month and had fun working on her project. You are really being so productive, and it sounds like you will have your goal pieced in no time. Picking up the 100Blocks challenge is a big commitment and you are both rocking that, too. It's fun to watch everything you are working on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pretty patterns. Looking forward to seeing both quilts finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the 100 block challenge too! Interesting zombie fabric. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Zombie quilt! I made one of those last year with the pink and gray versions of that fabric line. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!